Swamp Thing Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't the actual weight of this piece but it is not light at all.I think vinyl is good than PVC because the most of it are still hand made while PVC are casted and painted by machine.There remains some value in vinyl but everything depends on it turns out good.

I can definitely see the vinyl material in this but I don't think it fails the piece because it's supposed to have a sheen to it anyway.

As stated before, this was a Christmas present from my wife and mother-in-law. Finally got around to taking some photos today. I absolutely love it, and have no issues with the materials.

EZZlbqF.jpg

GWp33nk.jpg

Last edited:
EsU4zEt.jpg

yzFX3Bf.jpg

mREXGec.jpg

Swampy is at least partially polystone, as he is too heavy to be 100% vinyl. The base is all polystone and weighs 15+ pounds. For anyone who owns the Bane PF, they are the same height.

Last edited:
EsU4zEt.jpg

yzFX3Bf.jpg

mREXGec.jpg

Swampy is at least partially polystone, as he is too heavy to be 100% vinyl. The base is all polystone and weighs 15+ pounds. For anyone who owns the Bane PF, they are the same height.

If I recall someone weighed him and said he was about 10lbs and appeared to have polystone legs or in the legs. Not sure the source, likely FB, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really is the Moore, Bisette, and Totleben Swampy brought to life. If the Prime 1 was more Wrightson and less New 52, I’d be getting that one too, but think I’m going to pass. I really dislike the body sculpt on that one, and having two ears on the Wrightson-inspired head is a dealbreaker for me.

Members who were very critical of this piece before proper in-hand photos were posted have largely disappeared. I would like to invite them back to offer their opinions now that some of the seasoned collectors have these and are happy with the way it turned out. It's heavy, incredibly detailed and painted, and even smells good(!) It's everything that the Wolf Predator wasn't (I had an opportunity to buy one last year for $250, and passed after examining it at Jerseyfest.) With that out of the way, the only real negative from my perspective is price. Even though I was lucky enough to receive mine as a gift, I would still have purchased it once I saw the photos posted on this and other forums.

ut7FCol.jpg

Last edited:
Members who were very critical of this piece before proper in-hand photos were posted have largely disappeared. I would like to invite them back to offer their opinions now that some of the seasoned collectors have these and are happy with the way it turned out. It's heavy, incredibly detailed and painted, and even smells good(!) It's everything that the Wolf Predator wasn't (I had an opportunity to buy one last year for $250, and passed after examining it at Jerseyfest.) With that out of the way, the only real negative from my perspective is price. Even though I was lucky enough to receive mine as a gift, I would still have purchased it once I saw the photos posted on this and other forums.

ut7FCol.jpg

That was one of my criticisms. I thought it was a nice looking statue but with the switch to a (in some collector's eyes) less desirable material, the price seemed high. If this was priced in the $400-$500 range, there would be a lot more interest IMO. Your statue does look great and it seems you love it, so congrats.

Agreed - $820 seems about $200 over where this should be. Not sure about this strategy, as it seems to me that these prices are alienating long-time collectors and also prove intimidating to newbies.

Agreed - $820 seems about $200 over where this should be. Not sure about this strategy, as it seems to me that these prices are alienating long-time collectors and also prove intimidating to newbies.

Agreed. But that's true for the price increases in general - regardless of material. Even more so for international collectors when you take exchange rates + shipping + increased import duties into account.

That being said, I wouldn't pay the "revised" $620 for a vinyl figure like this - not even close.

That being said, I wouldn't pay the "revised" $620 for a vinyl figure like this - not even close.

Snap. I used to buy quite a lot of stuff in this hobby. Currently all I have on order is the Prime 1 Dog Alien. Prices are getting silly, and as people are trying to cling on to this hobby, making stuff out of cheap, nasty plastic such as the Wolf LSB isn't going to convince many people to stick around.

Back