Swamp Thing Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a C level character, at best, priced at $800. This hardly shows them not to use vinyl. It tells them not to make Etrigan the Demon, John Constantine, Orion, Dead Man and so forth.

It's a shame I would love all of those characters to be made but not many are interested in "high dollar" versions.

Now if this ES was on a large vinyl Superman, it would speak of the materials used, IMO,

I gotta say, even if I liked the character, I'd pass on this given the price point and the materials used to make it.

I gotta say, even if I liked the character, I'd pass on this given the price point and the materials used to make it.
I love this character. He's had great stories of course with Alan Moore and even with Scott Snyder in the new 52. I love how the prototype looks but at this price and material....hard pass.

I'm just hoping to get an after market resale at significant reduction. Otherwise my collection will continue to not have this character in it.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I love this character. He's had great stories of course with Alan Moore and even with Scott Snyder in the new 52. I love how the prototype looks but at this price and material....hard pass.

I'm just hoping to get an after market resale at significant reduction. Otherwise my collection will continue to not have this character in it.

I love the character as well and I could maybe even live with the material...if it was priced at $500. The $800 price is an absolute crime.

The nightmare joker has vinyl and pvc.

Isn't that Joker statue classified as a polystone statue with vinyl and pvc elements? Imo as long as their use of the other material is minimal and understandable given the size and location it's okay to use.

This is a C level character, at best, priced at $800. This hardly shows them not to use vinyl. It tells them not to make Etrigan the Demon, John Constantine, Orion, Dead Man and so forth.

It's a shame I would love all of those characters to be made but not many are interested in "high dollar" versions.

Now if this ES was on a large vinyl Superman, it would speak of the materials used, IMO,

Well there is what you called a high dollar piece from Prime 1 of Deadman, though of course that's 1/3 scale. Though I imagine that it's edition size isn't that large either.

Just found out (through stealth and careful eavesdropping) that my mother-in-law is getting this for me for Christmas!

I’ve seen in hand pics elsewhere so it makes me wonder why nobody is posting them here?

There's pictures over on SF. I'm having flashbacks to the Wolf LSB. Cheap plastic look and visible seams. Hopefully this little market test will see the end of this PVC phase.

It looks like a toy. There are a couple of posters who just joined the other forum that are posting/defending this piece like crazy. Seems a little suspicious to me.

I like the pic with the 5 or 6 year old boy holding it, makes it look like what it is.

It looks like a toy. There are a couple of posters who just joined the other forum that are posting/defending this piece like crazy. Seems a little suspicious to me.

I like the pic with the 5 or 6 year old boy holding it, makes it look like what it is.

Yeah - those 2 posters are brand new members as well . . . JUST joined purely for that thread . . . so I wouldn't be surprised if they are Sideshow shills.

Can't believe people are paying out that sort of money for another "Sideshow piggy bank".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300335.474289.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300346.557656.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300354.456103.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300367.049489.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300380.399574.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300388.687607.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300398.755480.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300407.137116.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300418.128351.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300426.752535.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1546300437.670918.jpg

Meet this masterpiece by Paul Komoda.

Sculpt is on point. They really let the artist down by not producing it in the medium that people want to spend on.

That looks pretty nice. Overall I think the vinyl / pvc aspect is a non-issue as it's not "worth" any more or less than polystone and they both have their potential issues, or none at all. If you like it you like it.

That looks pretty nice. Overall I think the vinyl / pvc aspect is a non-issue as it's not "worth" any more or less than polystone and they both have their potential issues, or none at all. If you like it you like it.

You’re right of course.

But like anything (and especially art) sold on the market, perception (like intangibles) is everything. And unfortunately/fortunately vinyl/PVC is considered by most in this hobby (and maybe even those outside) to devalue a high end statue, because whether it’s an actual better material or not, it’s the current perception of the material that values (personal value/market value) the statue.

And again when most of us think of a statue (especially for those that didn’t start collecting low end cheaper in value statues) we think of something with a bit of heft, and that’s certainly not vinyl/PVC.

Back