SW VS. LOTR #13: Padme VS. Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padme VS. Arwen

• Padme

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • Arwen

Votes: 57 54.8%

• Total voters
I voted Star Wars every time, even if I slightly disagreed, so far. But no way in hell would Padme win. I had to go Arwen, she's an elf! Cmon! An ELF! Padme's what? A politician? They suck! Politicians Suck! Elves Rule!

Arwen has a beauty Padme can't touch. It's so much deeper than the manufactured dazzle Portman depends on--it's much more human, yet in many ways more sublime. For innate beauty I vote Tyler.

Arwen's character is defined by a love which is as penetrating as it is sincere, and she gives up immortality to live a life of brief pain that she willingly endures. Padme's love is tragic but also somewhat blind; she lives in denial of Anakin's flaws until the end, where she just gives up the fight. Padme dies leaving her children; Arwen dies for the sake of her children. I vote for the woman who fights for her motherhood rather than the one who abandons it. It's like comparing Ophelia with Joan of Arc. Arwen is the epitome of courage and hope, Padme dies from a lack thereof.

Oh, and Liv Tyler can act.
:rolleyes:

Went with Arwen based on movies and character (not on how attractive)....that line from Padme, "You've changed...I don't know you anymore," sealed the deal.

Arwen definately...better character, better acting and no cringeworthy dialogue either!!

Darklord Dave said:
Padme gave birth to twins and then just gave up living for no good reason. Arwen gave up her immortality for her true love.

How can you argue with that.

If we're talking about the books, then Arwen wins hands-down. In fact I was just reminded of the epitome of sacrifice that Arwen underwent to be with her beloved. Padme just "gave up". What stunk about Padme's life is that I can't fathom someone giving up her 2 children because of a broken heart. What kind of a role model are we imparting to our youth of today with that kind of a cop out!

I suppose I finally voted Arwen. Also I needed to see where the standings are, and it looks like Arwen edges out Padme . . .

Hmm . . .let's see . . . SW has 6 films to make up for LOTR's 3. Have to admit, LOTR is easily giving SW a run for its money.

galactiboy said:
Although you could almost consider the prequels to be a handicap :lol

Very true, honestly for me if the PT didn't exist the vote would be more difficult. :eek:

LOTRFan said:
Very true, honestly for me if the PT didn't exist the vote would be more difficult. :eek:

Same here. And the SW movies being a shoo-in isn't necessarily a done deal I think. Aside from the coolness factor with the collectibles, many die-hard SWers would also have to give LOTR's qualities some very strong thought.

I liked the prequels, I thought EP 1 was alittle weak, Anakin comes off good in EP3, the films could of been alittle "darker" but they worked for me. The hardest part is knowing what was going to happen, so if wasn't as dramatic as the OT. But I now see myself watching the PT more since the OT has been around for some time.

I'm also glad to see Arwen win, I'm just not a fan of Portman in the PT. Her attacking was very "stiff".

Back