SW VS. LOTR #13: Padme VS. Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padme VS. Arwen

• Padme

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • Arwen

Votes: 57 54.8%

• Total voters
Arwen -- took the hard path. Loved her man enough that she was willing to give up her immortality rather than live without him.
Padme -- took the easy path. Loved her man enough that she chose to give up and die when he went bad rather than live without him -- never mind that she was leaving behind 2 children without a mother.

Customikey said:
There was more romantic love, passion, and tension in any Arwen and Aragorn scene, than in all of Padme's scenes with Anakin combined.

Arwen rescued Frodo from the badass Ringwraiths while Padme arrived at Dooku's hangar too late to do anything.

None of Arwen's dialogue made me cringe.

Ditto...same here... :D

Padme gave birth to twins and then just gave up living for no good reason. Arwen gave up her immortality for her true love.

But Natalie's hotter, so Padme.

Or Tyler's sister...

eeeek... it's getting close between these two, so I better make my vote be counted (first time in this series).

Arwen clearly over Padme. Arwen is the more sophisticated of the two characters, hundreds of years older (and wiser) than Padme, sacrificed much for Aragorn whereas what did Padme sacrifice? I mean, of her own free will? NOTHING! Padme and Anakin hid their "love", never taking responsibility for their actions. Arwen and Aragorn both knew what was in store for them and went ahead.

Oh yes, also horrible acting and dialogue and one of the worst love connections on screen ever! (that I blame really on George Lucas and not Portman)

Beren

I think the poll should be changed to Natalie vs Arwen. I'm guessing it's Portman not Padme getting all those votes.

Padme is prettier, but I didn't vote for the prettiest. I voted for the better character.

I've never found Arwen to be that great (Eowyn puts her to shame), but I think she had the better executed love story and the actress played the role more effectively.

KitFisto said:
Liv is hotter IMO. Padme annoyed me at times. I voted for Arwen.

I don't even know who you are any more. No way in hell is Liv hotter than Padme, especially now. A Liv from 10 years ago may be a tougher choice but Natalie is tops in my book among any celeb.

I'll admit that some of Padme's dialog was terrible at best, but that's hardly the actor's fault. She didn't write the script. But her character is much more important in her respective saga. All Arwen did was cry to her Daddy. I understand why so much emphasis was put on the Arwen/Aragorn love story for the movies, but it doesn't mean I like it. It's easily the biggest change that I can't stand from book to movie.

Darth Loki said:
I don't even know who you are any more. No way in hell is Liv hotter than Padme, especially now. A Liv from 10 years ago may be a tougher choice but Natalie is tops in my book among any celeb.

I'll admit that some of Padme's dialog was terrible at best, but that's hardly the actor's fault. She didn't write the script. But her character is much more important in her respective saga. All Arwen did was cry to her Daddy. I understand why so much emphasis was put on the Arwen/Aragorn love story for the movies, but it doesn't mean I like it. It's easily the biggest change that I can't stand from book to movie.

Portman tops your list? Not much of an ass to speak of. Small chest. Average features. I do think she's attractive, but I think she's far from "hot".

As for the characters I agree that Arwen was seen crying to daddy, but I stil love her scene in the Fellowship where she's taking Frodo to Rivendell. She stood up to the Wraiths. Padme just could have been SO much more IMO, but she was a wooden character IMO.

KitFisto said:
Portman tops your list? Not much of an ass to speak of. Small chest. Average features. I do think she's attractive, but I think she's far from "hot".

As for the characters I agree that Arwen was seen crying to daddy, but I stil love her scene in the Fellowship where she's taking Frodo to Rivendell. She stood up to the Wraiths. Padme just could have been SO much more IMO, but she was a wooden character IMO.

Can't really explain why I love Natalie so much. She's just perfect. She's a normal looking girl, not some glammed up skank.

And all Arwen did was ride a friggen horse. Then she used the power of her people and land to wash away the Wraiths (although that is one of my favorite sceens, though it has nothing to do with her being in it).

Darth Loki said:
Can't really explain why I love Natalie so much. She's just perfect. She's a normal looking girl, not some glammed up skank.

And all Arwen did was ride a friggen horse. Then she used the power of her people and land to wash away the Wraiths (although that is one of my favorite sceens, though it has nothing to do with her being in it).

I am not into glammed up skanks either LOL. I just think Portman is girl next door cute, but not a hottie.

Arwen used the power of her people just like any elf. All Portman did cry and speak of being held on Naboo when all that mattered was their love :rotfl

KitFisto said:
I am not into glammed up skanks either LOL. I just think Portman is girl next door cute, but not a hottie.

Arwen used the power of her people just like any elf. All Portman did cry and speak of being held on Naboo when all that mattered was their love :rotfl

Granted that is probably the worst line of all 6 movies. I skip that sceen when I watch ROTS too. I like to think that it doesn't exist.

I used to love Liv Tyler, but that was about 10 years ago. I mean who didn't love the 'Crazy' video? But she's really hit or miss now. Anyway, as far as character goes, Padme much more important and overall better than Arwen. She was a queen at 14, and forced to take actions that no leader wants to do. And she put up with Jar-Jar, if that doesn't say how great she is, nothing will :D

Padmé!
She needed no sorcery crap to make a difference in the events that would bring a whole galaxy to its knees!
She loved the man who would destroy the Jedi and was mother to the man who would save the galaxy!
What did Arwen do?
Ride a horse and use her spells to save a silly halfling...

I voted for Padme merely because there are no scenes in Star Wars where she does a Mr. Ed impersonation... yeeeessssshhhhh... :sancho

Arwen all the way, I can't believe so many people think Portman is way hotter.

I can't stand Portman, her acting was horrible in Star Wars. And to me she ruins the movie. Her dialogue is so mono-tone, her acting in EP. 2 can be compared to a piece of wood.

This is an easy one, Arwen better actor, Better looking, and wins in a fight easily.

ak11_319434e.jpg

titeleia_padme06.JPG

Ugh . . .tough choice this one. Both sides have good cause. From what I'm hearing people vote for either because of:

1) Arwen
-- Tyler's hot (though slightly older now)
-- better love unrequited plot
-- handles a blade and horseback well
-- Elf and magic
-- bravery saving the Hobbit (though not in the books)

2) Padme
-- importance to birthing Luke and Leia
-- Padme's hot (though she's flat-chested)
-- handles a gun well
-- nice outfit

I'm gonna hold off on voting on this one because I can see the benefits of both. Personally I didn't like how Arwen was handled in the movies, but because her role was important to getting Aragorn focused on something, so be it. I couldn't get past the idea they could've chosen someone less skanky looking than Tyler to fill in a Lady Elf's role. As for Padme, Portman's definitely hotter now, and her more recent roles boost her image (V for Vendetta, anyone?), still there's only 2 scenes that redeemed Padme: Eps 1, and the arena scene. Anything with Anakin is just plain atrocious -- just made Anakin look more and more like a whiny jerk.

With that, I dont vote. Cos I like the other less. Had you compared Eowyn vs Padme, then Eowyn would win by a fat mile!

Back