Supernatural Kitbash Thread - Sam & Dean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A Very Supernatural Kitbash - Question

Appreciate the pics and info guys. Shirt looks decent but the pants do look a little big. The clothes alone are proving more difficult than I wanted. Then again I'm being a bit picky. lol

They only look like that without boots . Once their on the bell bottom look should go away lol

Okay, cool. They do look good on yours. Really too late anyway as I bought them as I posted. lol I had no intention of working on Sam first but the set was the cheapest I'd seen. Now back to Dean.

Yea they work pretty well on sam especially if you use the longer foot pegs and some good boots

To be honest its the shirt that I have the biggest problem with. Hes practically swimming around in it. Sam's shirts should almost be form fitting.

And I put some spare boots I had on Sam just to see if it would make the pants look better; and if anything they make him look worse. The pants are so long that being forced to bunch up makes them look really baggy.

Im thinking of switching to a Natchan Rick Grimes shirt for Sam.

Is it possible to shrink them or would they ruin? I guess you could custom tailor one or two problem areas if you had a steady hand.

Couldn't hurt to try shrinking them I guess.

Rather than taking the time to alter them though, im inclined to just rebuy better fitting clothing. I know well fitting 1/6 clothing is out there. Just have to find it.

I know well fitting 1/6 clothing is out there. Just have to find it.

That's been a concern of mine from the beginning. So I've spent a looot of time on ebay, monkey depot, and a handful of others. So far the best fitting seems to be hot toys or soldier story but the varieties limited. Anyway, I'm sure we'll get it figured out.

Well these were the jeans I used for my Dean and they fit perfectly.

1 6 ZY Toys 12" Action Figure Clothes Man Black Short Sleeve Shirt Blue Jeans CA | eBay

If push comes to shove il use them again for Sam but im hoping to find something with a similar fit but darker wash.

I also like this shirt for Sam. I just wish it was cheaper. I won't even spend that much on a shirt for myself!
Nat Chan Custom Made 1 6 Scale Patterned Shirt for Rick Grimes Custome | eBay

Alrighty, picked out a few things for Dean. I'm still on the hunt for a green jacket but here's what I have so far. The majority from monkey depot. I may use Sams jeans for this build until I find a single pair cheap enough.

dean1.jpg

I went with this cutoff because it had one of the better sewn collars I'd seen. It's not like anyone will ever see the arms anyway. Shrugs.

dean2.jpg

This had a blue grey color I really liked and rolled sleeves. If his jacket comes off I think it'll have a nice Dean look.

dean3.jpg

These boots are actually pretty accurate style wise. I don't care for the weathering so I may give them a repaint.

dean4.jpg

Same with the watch, fairly accurate.

dean5.jpg

Then the ebay Colt we've all seen.

So everything seem decent to you guys? Don't want to hit confirm payment and worry like on Sams clothes. lol

Re: A Very Supernatural Kitbash

Rechecked the listing and it says resin. Was yours not? This is the only one on ebay so I assumed we were talking about the same thing earlier in the thread.

Weird. Urg, any idea on the seller? Hope I didn't just purchase from a recaster.

I just googled a pic of one that looks metal but there's one or two small difference between it and the plastic one. Particularly the engraving on the handle. Will look some more.

The resin one will be a lot easier to work with .. i had a ***** of a time carving the Pentagram into the handle lol

I had the same issue with a two face coin I once made. It's tougher than you'd imagine, yesh.

Back