Superman Returns on DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carbo-fation said:
I just ordered the collectors edition from Amazon. Could someone please give me the contact information so I can get the correct disc for SupermanII that wasn't included in this?? Thanks! :eek:

Here you go--this is the official response from Warner:

Bonus content was omitted from the Superman III Deluxe Edition in the 14-disc Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition. Furthermore, disc one of Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition did not include the Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective in any way.

Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the intention of standing behind our product 100%.

Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The exchange program applies only to purchases of the Superman III Deluxe Edition in the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition and to disc one of Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition, available as a single title, as well as in The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection and in the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition.

Be patient--they are collecting information but not shipping yet, and they are receiving a lot of calls. The time when an error like this would be allowed to slip by the home theater officianados unnoticed has passed. Warner knows they need to fix this immediately, but it will take a little time.

Got my Supes DVD last night from Target, that lenticular is awesome I love the Clark ripping his shirt open then changing into Superman image. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but its on my to-do list tonight!

Watched this, for the first time, last night. I was really impressed considering it was more of a love story than an action film. Got chills a few times hearing the music, such a great score.

Looks great in HD :D

I'd buy it if I could find it under $20 but it looks like I'll be waiting quite a while before I start up my HD movie collection.

Darth Loki said:
Watched this, for the first time, last night. I was really impressed considering it was more of a love story than an action film. Got chills a few times hearing the music, such a great score.

Looks great in HD :D

I'd buy it if I could find it under $20 but it looks like I'll be waiting quite a while before I start up my HD movie collection.

Same here regarding the HD movie collection. I've been collecting DVDs for so many years now, and I really don't want to start over. Oh well, I suppose I'll only get movie that I really love.

congerking said:
Same here regarding the HD movie collection. I've been collecting DVDs for so many years now, and I really don't want to start over. Oh well, I suppose I'll only get movie that I really love.

I was planning on only getting movies in HD that are just coming out, but at twice the cost, there's no way. That's one great thing about Netflix, I have a huge HD library at my fingertips. For movies I already own on DVD, it's going to be a select few that I will get on HD too. Movies that I watch all the time, like LOTR, Matrix, X-Men, Harry Potter's, and of course whenever SW comes out.

Darth Loki said:
I was planning on only getting movies in HD that are just coming out, but at twice the cost, there's no way. That's one great thing about Netflix, I have a huge HD library at my fingertips. For movies I already own on DVD, it's going to be a select few that I will get on HD too. Movies that I watch all the time, like LOTR, Matrix, X-Men, Harry Potter's, and of course whenever SW comes out.

Pretty much along the same thinking I have. I would add Indy Series and a few others, but pretty much the ame.

Hey everyone this new guy playing the part is NOT Superman!

CR will always be the true Superman to me.

(and you all know who I am talking about)

May he rest in peace.

I want nothing to do with this new movie.

The Monster said:

May he rest in peace.

melodrama.jpg

I am sure CR appreciates your moral fortitude.

The Wal-Mart stores that are selling HD-DVDs have Superman Returns for $19.99. That's the best deal I know of--just remember to compare the price to the 2 disc special edition regular DVD, and not the single disc that you can get for fifteen bucks. The HD-DVD has all of the bonus materials on the more expensive two disc set, which was selling for $23 at my Target.

The Monster said:

May he rest in peace.

Well of course Christopher will always be THE iconinc Superman. But the character was around before him and will be around for a much longer time even though Christopher's no longer with us.

I thought Brandon did a pretty good job with the role and you could tell he watched the original movies because he has a lot of the same delivery.

The Monster said:

May he rest in peace.

:sigh:

Look I loved Christopher Reeve's interpretation of Superman and for a couple of generations he will always embody the spirit of Superman, the thing is the character has been around long before CR was a glimmer in his father's eye. Many people complained and refused to support CR back in the 70s because in their eyes George Reeves was Superman to them and always would have. I loved Brandon Routh's portrayal and I seriously had my doubts. I think he is the perfect man to take over the reigns of the new Superman because he brings a seriously desire to do this role right and if you just glance at him there is my Superman, Christopher Reeve's image just slightly altered. I'll always have a fond place in my heart for CR but I can't wait to see what BR does next especially because in an interview he said if he could choose the villain in the next Superman flick he'd choose Bizarro. :rock

Jedi_Mike said:

Look I loved Christopher Reeve's interpretation of Superman and for a couple of generations he will always embody the spirit of Superman, the thing is the character has been around long before CR was a glimmer in his father's eye. Many people complained and refused to support CR back in the 70s because in their eyes George Reeves was Superman to them and always would have. I loved Brandon Routh's portrayal and I seriously had my doubts. I think he is the perfect man to take over the reigns of the new Superman because he brings a seriously desire to do this role right and if you just glance at him there is my Superman, Christopher Reeve's image just slightly altered. I'll always have a fond place in my heart for CR but I can't wait to see what BR does next especially because in an interview he said if he could choose the villain in the next Superman flick he'd choose Bizarro. :rock

Routh was my first Superman to be seen in the theaters. People here think of CR as "their" Supes because he was the first to be seen on screen to the mass media and to the world. For 30 or so years, he WAS Superman for the world. It will take a while for the world to accept a new Superman, but to me, Routh is my Superman. Just thinking of him as my Superman, doesn't diminish what CR did and who he was. I will always love him as Superman, but for now, Routh is my Superman.

Yeah routh was good and this is comin from someone who saw superman at a drive in. I would suggest that you pick on bosworth if anyone isn't worthy it's kate.. kidder is MY lois.

Jedi_Mike said:

Well said Mike!! I totally agree with every single word. Brandon did an amazing job and he made me believe in him as Superman... not an easy feat. I wasn't let down in the least and I had my doubts at first.

Finally found a copy HD Superman returns today!!
I forgot what a great film this is, I really think that Singer captured what it feels like for Superman. Can't wait till the next one!!!!

Back