Superman Reborn Trailer - Has anyone seen this - AMAZING!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They recasted the Hulk and started over from scratch. They could do the same with Supes. Singer made his sequel to Donner's franchise now they can "reset" it with Welling continuing the Smallville franchise about the early days as the Man of Steel and let Routh be the later years when he settles down and has a kid... oy.

dekadentdave said:
They recasted the Hulk and started over from scratch. They could do the same with Supes. Singer made his sequel to Donner's franchise now they can "reset" it with Welling continuing the Smallville franchise about the early days as the Man of Steel and let Routh be the later years when he settles down and has a kid... oy.

I don't see that happening, it would be interesting, but no. From all the actors on smallville, I think the only one that coudl carry a series would be the green arrow, but his character isn't viable for his own show. the only way those guys could get their spin-off is if they were all on there IMO.

dekadentdave said:
In my mind, Christopher Reeve is the only REAL Superman. Singer's Donner sequel was a complete misfire. What they should have done was spend the first 5 years of Smallville building toward the day Clark becomes Supes then fly him off to the big screen. They built an entire fan base around Smallville then don't deliver and slap them in the face with Routh. Big mistake.

From what I heard, the last shot on smallville will be clark flying off towards metropolis.

dekadentdave said:

i really doubt superman will be re-casted. despite all the stuff i read from bryan singer/brandon routh haters, it looks like the sequal is in pre-production. the guy who filmed the documentary for superman returns has confirmed he's already filming the sequal documentary, and john peters(shudder) has confirmed that singer is working on a script while he's filming a movie with tom cruise.

to inject welling in the role now would be really confusing. i hate the "vague" sequal idea singer had. i wish the studio had said, "it's either a DIRECT sequal to the earlier films or a re-start....... no vague sequal crap".

but to replace routh with welling now would be a bad idea. the confusion it would cause would be crazy. is this a continuation of the TV show? a continuation of the Routh film? a re-start? is it set in the donner universe? do we have to pretend certain events in the TV show didn't happen? re-booting and re-casting would be a horrible idea. bryan singer is a competent storyteller. let him do his trilogy. the next re-start can be in 10-15 years. :rotfl

if smallville the TV show had been written differently, i might agree. but the best thing to do is keep the TV show and movie series separate.

the hulk re-casting might work because there is currently no hulk TV show on. and it's my understanding that it's not a complete re-start. i don't think there will be a new origin story. it semes like it kinda picks up where the first film left off, just with a new cast. kinda like what batman forever did.

if tom welling had never been in smallville, and if singer's superman wasn't set in the donner universe, i could see a re-casting work. but as it is now, no way. too confusing.

Last edited:
congerking said:
From what I heard, the last shot on smallville will be clark flying off towards metropolis.

and lex, lois and everyone else will say, "Hey, Clark Kent can fly!" :rotfl

Awesome trailer! I really wish they did that story instead of what they did in Superman returns. And I don't like where SR is going to lead to in the sequels, I'd much rather have them restart the whole damn thing right from the beginning then continue in the direction they're going.

hunky_artist said:
that was a really well made trailer! Excellent work!

I have to admit though, I think Tom Welling (at least how he looks in Smallville) looks too young to play Superman just yet, more like Superboy. In a few years though, and with some different styling I'd have no problem with him at all.

For me Brandon was just about perfect in the role. I'd be happy to see Welling in the part in a few years though. Or in another series or something. He's great as CK

I have to agree there.... Welling just doesn't work IMO... He's good on Smallville, but it's because he is the younger version of the Hero we all know. You put that suit on him and I just don't see it... Maybe in a few years.

I love Routh in the part, just needs a better story next time and we will be set.

Very well done trailer though, amazing work.

captain sack said:
and lex, lois and everyone else will say, "Hey, Clark Kent can fly!" :rotfl

And then they will be like...

wtf-cat.jpg

That trailer is awesome - a lot of love and work went into that.

I think Routh is great as Superman but Singer's direction for the franchise doesn't work. I think they could still reboot it with ending Smallville and seguing into a feature with the Smallville mythos. And for those that think Welling looks too young - he's 2 years older than Routh, they try and make him look young on the show.

Darklord Dave said:
That trailer is awesome - a lot of love and work went into that.

I think Routh is great as Superman but Singer's direction for the franchise doesn't work. I think they could still reboot it with ending Smallville and seguing into a feature with the Smallville mythos. And for those that think Welling looks too young - he's 2 years older than Routh, they try and make him look young on the show.

how would you deal with lex and lois knowing that the clark kent they know looks just like superman?

at least the donner/singer version of clark kent adopts a different personality and glasses and has the luxury of knowing that no one from smallville is in metropolis. (and lex luthor wasn't his former buddy and lois didn't have sleep overs at his house)

wouldn't it be weird if lois suddenly saw tom welling's clark kent with glasses, slicked back george mc fly hair and bumbling around like jerry lewis?

EVILFACE said:
Welling acted well for TV, but his movie efforts sucked.

what's he been in? the fog and two steve martin movies? :rotfl

hardly his fault. he'd be a great movie superman if he didn't have all the TV show baggage.

There will have to be some major event that enables Smallville Clark to become Superman. At this point, a dark haired guy shows up doing impossible things in Metropolis then all of Smallville will know exactly who he is - in fact most of the villains in bel Rev (sp?) know him by name. Lex could have another psychotic break - but it's everyone else that I'd be worried about.

However it's fantasy - you can write yourself out of any hole.

captain sack said:
how would you deal with lex and lois knowing that the clark kent they know looks just like superman?

at least the donner/singer version of clark kent adopts a different personality and glasses and has the luxury of knowing that no one from smallville is in metropolis. (and lex luthor wasn't his former buddy and lois didn't have sleep overs at his house)

wouldn't it be weird if lois suddenly saw tom welling's clark kent with glasses, slicked back george mc fly hair and bumbling around like jerry lewis?

Exactly! That's how I feel too..... Just never made much sense to me.

Darklord Dave said:
However it's fantasy - you can write yourself out of any hole.

that's why i'm betting on some sort of "image disruptor". :rolleyes:

in the last episode, terrance stamp's voice will tell clark, "Kal-El, don't forget to carry 'this' with you when you wear your costume."

Clark: "what is it? a garage door opener?"

Jor-El: "no my son, it's an image disruptor. when you activate it, no one from smallville will be able to recognize you. i would of wiped their minds, but they're not droids.....and it also controls an I-pod."

captain sack said:

One of the whole points in nobody realized clark is superman is that superman does these amazing things, much more amazing then any human can do. then the people who know clark just can't image just a normal person doing them. superman is this god like figure that can do whatever he wants, it's just so much more than a human can do, so they can't image a normal person like clark being able to do those things.

captain sack said:

in the last episode, terrance stamp's voice will tell clark, "Kal-El, don't forget to carry 'this' with you when you wear your costume."

Jor-El: "no my son, it's an image disruptor. when you activate it, no one from smallville will be able to recognize you. i would of wiped their minds, but they're not droids.....and it also controls an I-pod."

Ive also read some non-canon stories and books that state that superman can contort his features and move so fast that nobody can recognize him. He can change his voice, appearance and demeanor.

captain sack said:

The sad thing is, that sounds completely plausible for an episode of Smallville.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The sad thing is, that sounds completely plausible for an episode of Smallville.

jor-el can't forget to give clark his groundhog day crystal. You can't leave smallville without that one.

congerking said:
One of the whole points in nobody realized clark is superman is that superman does these amazing things, much more amazing then any human can do. then the people who know clark just can't image just a normal person doing them. superman is this god like figure that can do whatever he wants, it's just so much more than a human can do, so they can't image a normal person like clark being able to do those things.

i could accept this explanation with clark's casual acquaintances. but not with lois and lex. the woman who loves superman and his mortal enemy wouldn't be fooled.

lois, in the films and all thru the comics and even back to the old TV show was obsessed with finding out who superman is. just because this God shows up wearing blue tights doesn't convince me that the smallville versions of lex and lois would be fooled. not after spending years with him in smallville. i love the TV show, but the writers really screwed up bringing lois, lex and metropolis into the show. lionel would of been an acceptable villan for clark. just make his last name something other than luthor and chloe was smallville's lois. they could of killed them off and had clark move on to metropolis to be superman.

Last edited:
lois, in the films and all thru the comics and even back to the old TV show was obsessed with finding out who superman is.

One of the great things Byrne did in the 80s reboot was take away the idea of a "secret identity". To the world Superman is Superman. He doesn't wear a mask so there's no reason for anyone to think that he's anyone BUT Superman 24/7. Byrne went so far as to have Lex discover the fact that Clark and Superman are the same person, but he dismissed it, incapable of believing that a god would deign to live as a mortal.

...or they could do the ipod thing - I'd buy that.

Back