Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

This one is using the Triad Evo body. This body has really big feet and I had to shave the toes off to make the boots fit.
Picture399.jpg

Sorry but I think this looks horrible. The Mattel head sculpt is far better and will look better still once one of our talented friends repaints it.
Those thighs and knees aren't nice. I'll stick with the Mattel body until somebody shows me something better.
I'm assuming Hot Toys will do the business as usual but that doesn't mean the Mattel isn't worth having.

I'm happy I got it. Heck, I got two of them I like it so much. I'm just trying it out on different body types. I didn't really buy it for the body figure that mattel has it on. I hate it on the EVO body. That body was pretty much a waste of my money for now.

As for Mattel's headsculpt, I have two of them now so I can pretty much experiment it to hell in terms of paint job, which I am no master of.

As for my headsculpt, one of these days i will succeed in making a better sculpture of Reeve's face just because he's my Fav'rit. :D

Or, you can wait to see what HT is going to come up with. I, too, had plans to do a custom CR(George turned out so well). Had the wax blank poured, was starting to scrounge up reference pix, then heard about the HT and realized that the point just flew out the window...PS

I've been lurking on the board for a while, but decided to finally comment!

I've been sitting on the fence with this one for good while now, and couldn't decide whether to go ahead and put my order in for him instead of waiting for Hot Toys to do their thing.

Because of all the great photos on here I went ahead and ordered him. The lower quality shouldn't bother me too much since I think he'll fit in with my Marvel Studios figures, and I'll probably have enough time to save up for a the Hot Toys version when he's offered.

Thanks guys for all the reviews!

Awesome pics!:clap

Now I definatley don't regret ordering him. Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Great action pics, MaxFactory. I also bought the Zod piece and it looks great just standing there, very imposing.

The best pics I've seen so far!!!!

Now I'm more eager than ever to receive mine!!!

Hey Jason W, first welcome aboard, and second, do you have any bigger pics of your Avatar? Info on where the sculpt come from? I want to make a Xena in the future and yours looks absolutely awesome!!! :D

Congrats Guys on your Superman

here's mine got it as a christmas gift

167451_1720289682948_1109483317_1975676_8143829_n.jpg

165327_1720342884278_1109483317_1975881_5611082_n.jpg

166150_1720368004906_1109483317_1975914_2096918_n.jpg

Last edited:

The head sculpt is pathetic. I don't think a repaint can save it.

So do you mind if I ask what you think now?

There was also somebody spouting nonsense about the bone structure being all wrong as if he was some sort of anatomical expert but I couldn't find it. Was that in this thread?

I am new to the board and I just wanted to say I really like my figure. Is he perfect? No. But compare Mattel's Superman to the DC Direct FIRST 13" figure Superman and I would choose Mattels anyday

I mean come on it is Christopher Reeve.

I know Hot Toys Reeve will be phenomenal but I am undecided whether it will be worth nearly 200.00 for it. I didn't care too much for Hot Toys Routh version...for me DC Direct's was better. But that is my stupid opinion

Welcome to the meat grinder, pal!

Some of the folks around here got REAL thin skins when it comes to critiquing Hot Toys, but I totally agree with your first post.

Having had a long drought on anything superman Reeve, I am ecstatic to get this figure. The price range is perfect for what I want from it and I can afford to get two because of the price. People will have different opinions about this figure, heck, they'll have the same thing about the Hot toys version.
The good thing too, is that having this figure on hand eases the torture of waiting for HT's reveal for me plus the time of the actual release.
SO I say buy it because it is a great figure for a great price. As long as you're happy with what you get, then it's all good.
I think these great pictures of it in action is what Mattel should have been showing us in the first place.

Back