Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

the mattel figure is backwards,if you look at the Reeve pic above you'll see has thick thighs and and average size arms where as the mattel figure has thinner thighs and huge arms.

supscustom.jpg

supscustom4.jpg

supscustom2.jpg
What are those B-cups on his chest?:slapIt looks like Supe needs a sports bra!:)Seriously,his pecs are set too low which gives the appearance of saggy breast!I think so anyway!Nice boots though!:yess:

Does he say how he made the boots? Like what material? I know you said he sculpted them bu out of what exactly?

I am leaning towards the Comedian body without the muscle thigh plate. It's the closest to the body that Reeve had, I think. It would have been better if the thighs were a little slimmer but there's nothing i can do about that for now. And the mattel boots are too high, needs to be trimmed down a little. Can you guys believe I scored 3 sets of this closed fist for 6.00!! That guy didn't know what a steal it was.
Picture426.jpg

Also, from what I read of the thread about the boots he used an existing boot and sculpted or trimmed the v shape of the top of the boot.

Thanks for your info on the boots jester! I think I have a pair of boots that would be perfect for this!!! Once I get the figure, I'll know for sure!

Btw, your sculpt looks great in the pics above

Last edited:

Thanks, Gipetto.
What do you guys think of this figure? I came by this configuration by accident. I wrapped the torso with some cloth to widen it and the hips but I ran out of feet plugs for my HT feet and saw the mattel feet lying around. I decided to grind down the ankle to the width of the connector almost to the ankle articulation. It fits perfectly to the HT ankle socket.
Picture427.jpg

So those are the mattel feet on a HT body? Im still trying to figure out exactly how you did it.:slap

That actually looks really good. The arms are a bit long though. Or maybe the torso is a little too short!? But overall IMO that body looks really good.

I couldn't find the pegs for the HT feet. If you look at the mattel feet, the pegs for it almost fits on the HT socket, just needs to be ground down a little to make it fit. But it would make it the legs too long, so you have to grind down the rest of the ankle to the width of the connector. The cool thing is that you don't damage the HT at all. AND the feet fills out the boot to its original intent.

Devil666 - You're right but the fix is really easy. His underpants were just a smidge high. I pushed it down a little which lengthened his torso and lowered his crotch area a little.

Here's a pic of the adjusted mattel ankle.
Picture428.jpg

Here's my Mattel suit on a Hot Toys TT Advanced. The feet pegs barely went in the ankle sockets. I'm not going to worry about adapting them as I will be making my own boots. I removed the neck from my Sunohc head and I'm using it as a stand-in until I receive my Erick Sosa head from fenix.:yess:

JMKsChristopherReeveSupermanV34.jpg

Looks Good!! Look forward to seeing it with the Painted Head!!

what did you use to grind it down? looks tuff.

I have a dremel or you can buy the cheap version at a Big lots for 24. It has a rotating sand paper that does the job in minutes. Pretty useful tool, I use it to drill and make peg holes for the necks and the small rotary saw.

Junior

Thanks, Gipetto.
What do you guys think of this figure? I came by this configuration by accident. I wrapped the torso with some cloth to widen it and the hips but I ran out of feet plugs for my HT feet and saw the mattel feet lying around. I decided to grind down the ankle to the width of the connector almost to the ankle articulation. It fits perfectly to the HT ankle socket.
Picture427.jpg

That looks pretty good dude!
Congratulations.

I just got my Erick Sosa head today,now I need to find somebody who can dremel it out for me at a fair price to fit my TT body, I dont know how to do it,I have a painter but not sure if he knows how do this job.HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD!!.:pray::impatient:
HEAD3.jpg

HEAD.jpg

Last edited:

Looks great!!! Didn't know it didn't come pre-drilled though. Still hope to get it. A friend of mine has a dremel. Anyone know what bit to use on the dremel to make the proper socket?

When I drilled the hole for my sculpt I used a 1/8 bit and drilled a circle shape up to the appropriate depth. don't get too close to the edge. It's not necessary yet. Then use a tile cutting bit to connect the dots. cut across a couple of times because it will still be connected at the bottom and by doing so it will have less material there and easier to twist and remove. At this point you should have hole big enough to use the sanding tool, now you can carefully sand the edges to the desired thinness.
Of course, this only puts a hole in the head and not a socket that the HT peg can attach to. That's a totally different procedure.
If this doesn't help I will take photos of my procedure once I receive my copy of Erick's sculpt.

Back