Statue Superman Life Size 1:1 Bust from SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing came with like ten gel packs.

I am just wondering if it was some type of grease or oil that was placed on a tool... or possible something that was on a set of gloves. It doesn't make a lot of sense that it is on ALL of them if it isn't part of some type of process they used. I also find it a little hard to believe that they would actually package all of these KNOWING that there was a problem like that. I know a lot of guys out there have NO faith in the QC of SSC (Spiderwoman and Rogue come to mind), but I cant see them dropping the ball SO BADLY on such a HIGH PROFILE PIECE and in such an OBVIOUS way.

Maybe the last person at the factory to touch the bust caused the problem.

That is what I am thinking, and that MAYBE the discolouration didn't show up right away, but if it did show up and that guy saw it he should be fired.... of like I said at least sucker punched.

Last edited:
I received mine and very disappointed with it.

3 significant flaws:

-the paint crap on his neck/shoulder like the rest of you guys
-a crack in the display stand that someone tried to paint over. looks horrible (like liquid paper)
-paint flaw/blemish below his chin the size of a dime.

Even without any flaws this thing seems uninspired. I will not be disappointed if my AD is unable to get a replacement. I can use the $$ on galactus instead.

I received mine and very disappointed with it.

3 significant flaws:

-the paint crap on his neck/shoulder like the rest of you guys
-a crack in the display stand that someone tried to paint over. looks horrible (like liquid paper)
-paint flaw/blemish below his chin the size of a dime.

Even without any flaws this thing seems uninspired. I will not be disappointed if my AD is unable to get a replacement. I can use the $$ on galactus instead.

Man that really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Man 1:1 is tough. Easy to see amazing details but easy to see flaws. More room for paint errors.

Sorry to hear about that Ambasah.
Mine had a crack that was painted over also. Called sideshow for replacement got this email back ..Thank you very much for the pictures you sent. We are currently investigating our replacement stock to see if we have an acceptable exchange for you. We appreciate your patience during this process. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for us to investigate your inquiry.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to assist you.
Emailed them back and told them I wanted to return bust regardless of replacement. waiting to hear back.
QC sucks at sideshow

Well I have officially saved 680 dollars hearing all these problems. My LCS ordered one for me but it still hasn't arrived so I have time to cancel. I want to wait to see if the bust is free of problems but it doesn't seem like anyone has received a good one yet...? Pretty sad when we are spending so much money that QC couldn't care less :( I hope they smash a bunch of this lot and make new ones that are free of flaws.

I have a Supe bust.

I am very pleased about this.

jMuYvHYP_original.jpg

Mine had no problems at all :dunno I love it.

Dude, I can see the spots on yours clear as day (left trap), sorry but you're in the measle club too mate!

Dude, I can see the spots on yours clear as day (left trap), sorry but you're in the measle club too mate!

:slap I know, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to burst Bruce's bubble. :rotfl I am going to buy this bust when they fix this QC mess. If not, pass. Such a nice sculpt, they should recall and repaint like they did with Bats bust. :peace

Well I have officially saved 680 dollars hearing all these problems. My LCS ordered one for me but it still hasn't arrived so I have time to cancel. I want to wait to see if the bust is free of problems but it doesn't seem like anyone has received a good one yet...? Pretty sad when we are spending so much money that QC couldn't care less :( I hope they smash a bunch of this lot and make new ones that are free of flaws.

I would not let my (or others) experience dissuade you from at least receiving and inspecting the bust. I can't imagine 100% of these are f'd up.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten this, it truly is a magnificent piece. Especially in person

WOW! GREAT pics man! Looks like you got a perfect piece, I can't see a flaw anywhere! Congrats!

BTW, best angle for this guy... right here! :clap

WOW! Now THAT's how Superman should look. If people start receiving this kind of quality, I'm buying asap. LOL you won the bust lottery. Best one I've seen yet. Everyone else that has all these problems with the paint on their bust should get a replacement that looks like this. Fantastic piece. :hi5:

Back