Statue Superman Life Size 1:1 Bust from SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shocked.gif

this is funny

:rotfl

About to pic up my sups and have Andy sign a nameplate I had made, very cool

NICE!!!! :clap

I remember you did that with your Batman too, that's a great idea! And quite frankly at $700 for these things, they should all come signed by the artist, that would be a truly collectible and classy touch!

Hope you get a good one, and make a video quick... please:pray:

Got mine this past week #318 . how this got pass QC is a bad sign has a crack on blue part of chest .This looks like the cast had crack then was than panted blue and than touched with a darker blue to look like a paint highlight for tone but clearly looks like a line that should have been sanded away before every being painted . It also has the spots on his sink that others have posted. Called SS CS have to take photos. After waiting so long and spending this amount hoping for a good one to replace this

Got mine this past week #318 . how this got pass QC is a bad sign has a crack on blue part of chest .This looks like the cast had crack then was than panted blue and than touched with a darker blue to look like a paint highlight for tone but clearly looks like a line that should have been sanded away before every being painted . It also has the spots on his sink that others have posted. Called SS CS have to take photos. After waiting so long and spending this amount hoping for a good one to replace this

Sorry to hear. All these qc issues are disheartening.

Hey guys sorry I didn't put video up . I want to finish the eyes so at least on the same video you see the whole process as well , and yes I went ahead and added a bit more hair volume on the side of the head , and added color and texture to skin , although very nice , to my liking it was a bit to manaquine painted :)

Hey guys sorry I didn't put video up . I want to finish the eyes so at least on the same video you see the whole process as well , and yes I went ahead and added a bit more hair volume on the side of the head , and added color and texture to skin , although very nice , to my liking it was a bit to manaquine painted :)

I really cannot wait for your video. I pretty much am buying this any day and will be thrilled to finally see a yt video posted on him that will make me pull the trigger. I've seen the Bats bust and it looks great in person. I saw the Thor bust at an lcs and it looked awful. Really unrealistic paint on Thor. Hopefully Supes bust looks amazing in person. Looking forward to the video :)

Well mistermark, it really is very cool in person, and I do know what you mean by the unrealistic paint job on Thor as I too thought the same , it was a bit just one color and shading , and that was the proto I saw, this superman seems to me abit the same where to me it is a bit mannequin looking , there are some minor splatter and shading and one can live with that since these are cartoon characters if you will , but I just wanted a bit more realism to the skin, but that's me , but it really is a very cool piece .

Well mistermark, it really is very cool in person, and I do know what you mean by the unrealistic paint job on Thor as I too thought the same , it was a bit just one color and shading , and that was the proto I saw, this superman seems to me abit the same where to me it is a bit mannequin looking , there are some minor splatter and shading and one can live with that since these are cartoon characters if you will , but I just wanted a bit more realism to the skin, but that's me , but it really is a very cool piece .

Awesome, you always do great work to improve pieces. Hopefully I can see Supes at an lcs before I order just so I know what to expect with the paint in person. Let us know when you post the video :wave

Back