SUPERMADTOYS 1/6 Bionic Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 176
I hate it that they raise the price like that! OTOH, it was almost ridiculously cheap to begin with. But that's a big price jump. I'm actually surprised they didn't raise the price sooner as soon as it was in stock. I had previously tried to get the Brothers Production Android Hunter years ago through them after they sold out on pre-order. I eventually got it when it was officially in stock but for a bit more than the pre-order price.

I have a feeling that Steve 2.0 will cost a lot more than the first version.

Considering the quality, it was dirt cheap.

I thought the “ Bionic Head bonus “ was just for
Preorder . When I now looked at the kG site
it looks like they are including the extra head

I just ordered my figure from KG.. kind of misleading
on madtoys part but glad the late comers are
still getting the bonus head

I thought the “ Bionic Head bonus “ was just for
Preorder . When I now looked at the kG site
it looks like they are including the extra head

I just ordered my figure from KG.. kind of misleading
on madtoys part but glad the late comers are
still getting the bonus head

I’m a bit conflicted on this also - as you say, when it first went up for pre-order the figure was supposed to be a limited edition of 200, and the bionic head was a bonus for early ordering. Now it’s a standard item of the package and the production run appears to be ongoing. If they’d stuck to the original run size this would have been the most limited-edition thing I’ve ever owned, but while I’m slightly disappointed in that no-longer being the case I am glad that collectors are still able to buy this great figure without having to resort to the secondary market.
On the plus side, us early orderers did get him for a ridiculously good price!

Who cares about edition numbers or bonus items? The more happy people there is the better. Hers my biggest gripe about this hobby, those who are in it for money or as an investment. Those are toys dammit, not precious art paintings!

Besides, I'm pretty sure KGHobby just copied their initial announcement and those are left over from people who cancelled, hence the price. As for preorder bonus, well, this figure was created just for preorders, not for a regular release. And if you look at madtoys, they don't announce a second run anywhere, so once again, I'm sure those are the leftovers at KGHobby, not a second run.

Who cares about edition numbers or bonus items? The more happy people there is the better. Hers my biggest gripe about this hobby, those who are in it for money or as an investment. Those are toys dammit, not precious art paintings!

Besides, I'm pretty sure KGHobby just copied their initial announcement and those are left over from people who cancelled, hence the price. As for preorder bonus, well, this figure was created just for preorders, not for a regular release. And if you look at madtoys, they don't announce a second run anywhere, so once again, I'm sure those are the leftovers at KGHobby, not a second run.

No worries, I absolutely with your sentiment, I think all collectors should be able to get the figures they want at a reasonable price.

My rant wasn't directed at your or at this thread in particular, but as a general observation. People seems to like numbered or limited stuff. I don't! I think, but I know this is one great divergence I have with many members here, that we're not collecting art but are only grown ups collecting toys that, in a way, remind them of their childhood.

For me, the best of statues (that I don't collect btw) has no more value than a garden gnome and will never be considered art when archeologists will dig them out in the future.

Besides, this so called limited for the elite collectibles makes me laugh. Show that to a prospective girlfriend and see if she considers you an art collector or a glorified weirdo! :lol

Guys absolutely agree with you guys

I didn’t have any problems paying $65
more as you guys deserve to get yours
for cheaper especially when you paid
6 months earlier or whenever Preorder
went up.

Back