SUPERMADTOYS 1/6 Bionic Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the khaki outfit is next and the colors look great! They nailed the classic Steve Austin eyebrows on the new head sculpt and the buckle looks great too. Well done Supermadtoys! I just heard back from Dan about the cost of the custom outfit but...

Don't leave us hanging. :lol

Well I'm team Supermadtoys now that I see this is on the way but for anyone still interested Unleashed Viper Customs quoted $80 for the outfit and $20 for the belt buckle. He said if 10 people ordered he could do both for $90. I have a couple other projects I'm going to discuss with Dan but I'm out on this one.

Just flicked into their fb page and saw the project.
I’m definitely in for another Col Austin. And I totally agree: the eyebrow has been captured very well.

Well I'm team Supermadtoys now that I see this is on the way but for anyone still interested Unleashed Viper Customs quoted $80 for the outfit and $20 for the belt buckle. He said if 10 people ordered he could do both for $90. I have a couple other projects I'm going to discuss with Dan but I'm out on this one.

Count me in... and Probably Diesaturn as well......

What episode is the Jaime they are working on from?

Don't think it's a particular episode. That's the credits outfit

You can count me in bro. But since it's forbidden now to take commission here, I suggest going elsewhere (you know where I think) before we get slapped on the hands.

WOW!!! 48 pages...No time to read them all....maybe if companies stepped up their qua;city and didn't charge so much they'd sell more....I appreciate new little companies like Super Mad Toys because they are doing the same quality as HT and Smoking SS at 1/3 of the price they charge....

Just got in my Colonel Austin...and i feel like my five year old self all over again:panic:

Though a little on the caricature side,both the sculpts look great and the paint apps are excellent...not HT level but as good as,if not better than most other companies....my only gripe is that the face paint is a tad too dark and doesn't match the body color...
Love the stripped bionic eye..really well done and the blue really pops when the light catches it..

My only real nitpick is the body(which i'll be swapping out)..it's way too big and muscular(Majors wasn't a body builder)...and the head barely fits on the neck..

Overall though it's a fantastic set...and at this price point i'll be definitely picking up Jamie and V2 Steve...and they've just got to do an Oscar:)

View attachment 428548View attachment 428547View attachment 428546

Just got in my Colonel Austin...and i feel like my five year old self all over again:panic:

Though a little on the caricature side,both the sculpts look great and the paint apps are excellent...not HT level but as good as,if not better than most other companies....my only gripe is that the face paint is a tad too dark and doesn't match the body color...
Love the stripped bionic eye..really well done and the blue really pops when the light catches it..

My only real nitpick is the body(which i'll be swapping out)..it's way too big and muscular(Majors wasn't a body builder)...and the head barely fits on the neck..

Overall though it's a fantastic set...and at this price point i'll be definitely picking up Jamie and V2 Steve...and they've just got to do an Oscar:)

View attachment 428548View attachment 428547View attachment 428546

Nice photos and review!

Keep us posted on what body you get to replace it with. I agree about the neck, but the body looks ok under the clothes so I'm curious what other body would work.

I have to say, I'm really excited about Supermad doing more figures from the show and especially more Steves.

Honestly I don't think the body looks that bulky. Majors was a beefy guy. I completely agree about the neck though (especially the side view! Yikes!), and the thighs are on the big side as well. But the chest and arms look good to me with relation to the head (again, not including the neck). I think it's the waist on the body that's throwing off the whole look. It's WAY too small.

The manufacturer definitely used the wrong size body.

Any suggestions on a better body to replace it with?

Maybe we should share our feelings with SUPERMAD TOYS.

My biggest concern is the neck. It's too long and too thick.

The legs are also a bit too long.

Lee Majors is 6′ 0″

The figure used would be better suited for a character considerably taller.

Hot Toys Han Solo's body would be about right but there is not a mass produced knock off version of that on the market yet. Even with it's issues this is the best Bionic Man figure ever made and I am totally on board for anything else SMT does in this line!

Got mine today from KG Hobby. It's missing the two shoulder battery packs. Only got the 4 chest ones. Also when I tried to take off the sweater the zipper broke. Not sure where I can find a replacement this small. :mad:

Back