SUPERMADTOYS 1/6 Bionic Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! This 2.0 head sculpt makes the first one look like the old Kenner sculpt by comparison.

This is a perfect 10/10. :hi5::yess:

Supermadtoys

5 hrs

The Bionic Dog "Max" is coming.....

Where is the Bionic Lady?

125283773_2551531818477724_7891370505825547295_o.jpg

125526360_2551531851811054_8112171851997069496_o.jpg

125179994_2551531881811051_1793468272998557906_o.jpg

125517660_2551531915144381_1672390763229979249_o.jpg

I got mine last Friday and I have to say I am delightfully surprised and impressed by how good he came out!

I know it's a cliche, but photos really don't do him justice. I wasn't expecting much from the tailoring of the clothes, tbh. I think in many of the photos the clothes looked a bit ill-fitting, maybe too cinched at the waist and ballooning on the shoulders. But that is not the case at all. The tailoring is superb, as are the detailing in all the clothes. It's a very pleasant surprise.

His hips are a little big, but I know that's the body. I suppose they could have added some padding or something to even it out. So that's really my only criticism.

Please excuse the grainy bad iphone photo. It's a dark and gloomy day here today. Looks a bit cross-eyed in the shot too! But I assure you, that's not the case IRL.

wKT4Ixo.jpg

Great pic, Mad Old Lu!

I've managed to hold off on picking up this figure but between your pic and the memory tugs of the character and show, it's getting harder!

Thanks everyone!

^^ LOVE that photo. Lighting is dramatic. The shadows are very effective. Thanks for posting.

:duff

Great pic, Mad Old Lu!

I've managed to hold off on picking up this figure but between your pic and the memory tugs of the character and show, it's getting harder!

Yeah! Actually I think that same nostalgia is something I didn't expect originally, but I fully got it especially now as he stands in front of me on my desk! I mean, I knew the red suit version was totally a nostalgia drug and mostly because of the toy, but something about his safari outfit and the big collar really takes me back!

Nice shot, thanks for posting. Love the Alien stalking Steve in the background :lol

I bet Steve cold beat the Alien!

Looks superb Mad Old Lu. How does the facial skin colour compare with the first version...is it darker,lighter or the same?

It's a little hard to say now that it's dark out and with just the house lights, but I think it looks about the same level of darkness. It could perhaps be a little less red, more brown/grey in color, but the same value of darkness. I'll compare again tomorrow.

I loved the ad that Mr Majors did where he corrected two guys who were getting a bionic sound wrong.

After waiting 30 days for him to travel thru the post, The Hunter finally arrived! Awesome figure, another top notch release. My second one is still en route, 30+ days.
(I'm still working on the best way to turn the brown space/flight suit white and I need to add some patches, but love having him under helmet.) Hope they sell extra heads like last time, would love to upgrade my collection. I also have a silver bracelet on the way for AF Pilot Steve.

20201210_003559b.jpg

Last edited:
It's now been two years since Supermad Toys teased us with pics of Jaime's head sculpt and Max prototypes, unpainted.

It took 18 months for Steve 2.0 to go from preorder to having the item in-hand.

I know that Covid-19 has played a major role in these delays, but damnit, I want my Bionic toys NOW! :gah::lol

Back