Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, and maybe it's just grown on me, but I am liking this statue much more now than what I saw in that first preview shot. I'm still not willing to drop 400+ on a preorder, but maybe a pre-owned statue down the road for 300-something could be something I'd be interested in.

Cape and the headsculpt need to go back to the drawing board. The concept art is awesome though

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work Spidey :rock always enjoy looking at the PF sculpts you've made. Looking forward to your Supergirl :yess:

Thank you very much... There is a lot of love in that piece

If there's going to be a custom head that looks as good as that Batgirl then I might order this. Still not in a hurry though.

We won't be doing one if we cant KILL the sculpt and paint. It will be as good as Batgirl m8

I think Supergirl is the last of the female characters from the DC line that I would buy but this one is a disappointment. I like the face. She is very pretty. What I don't care for is the ridiculous Michael Turner-inspired figure nor do I like that over-the-top, slutty costume version. It would look out of place sitting next to my stoic, classy Superman PF.

I think Supergirl is the last of the female characters from the DC line that I would buy but this one is a disappointment. I like the face. She is very pretty. What I don't care for is the ridiculous Michael Turner-inspired figure nor do I like that over-the-top, slutty costume version. It would look out of place sitting next to my stoic, classy Superman PF.

I like the body just need a COH not smiling hair down option.

Just wait for below retail deal on the ebay and the COH won't be an issue for you. Hehehe.

I am doing this for all ss stuff now after the price hikes. No new PO at all this year. My last is darksied. I still want dark phoenix, the neon genesis girl, and captain marvel. I'm buying all aftermarket for less and maybe free shipping. No joke here. Thinking about SG but sorry still a no go yet even at below retail.

What other female DC PFs do you have if you don't like "slutty" costumes? You could probably twist that to cover all the others too and none of them really are, including SG.

Sideshow PF statues had been getting better and better, but this is a major setback IMO. Every proportion you look at appears wrong. The pose is not flattering. I don't know how Sideshow can stand it next to their other DC statue's and go "yeah, this fit's right in" bizarre. Their Wonder Woman PF is a great piece that did the character justice. This is the opposite. Sideshow should have scraped the whole thing and started over from scratch. I feel bad for fans of Supergirl, they really wanted to like this piece. I hope they don't buy it "just because".

Mr. Green is at a collectible point where every statue he bought matters, otherwise, it will stay in storage for a long time. And since this statue isn't likely to be a flip statue, it didn't made the cut. She look ok but not enough wow factor.

What other female DC PFs do you have if you don't like "slutty" costumes? You could probably twist that to cover all the others too and none of them really are, including SG.

Both Poison Ivy are very sexualized.

Both Catwomen are focused on her ass

Power Girl proudly uplifting her breast

Wonder Woman in undies

I fail to understand where they got thinking that SG has the only over-the-top outfit, and indirectly seeming like most sexualized, when she isn't.

The statue does a good job of representing her costume as drawn in the comics the last several years, but I've never thought the bare midriff, barely there skirt accurately reflected her sweet, girl next door personality.

Catwoman and Ivy use their sexuality to distract Batman(and others). Power Girl and Wonder Woman are just plain bad-ass, and couldn't care less what anyone thinks about their bodies.

Batgirl is more in line with how I think Supergirl should be represented. Killer body, and her innocence makes her sexy as hell, even though she doesn't flash any skin. The Supergirl TV show understands this, and rejected the more revealing costume used for the character in Smallville for one more in line with her original costume in the comics...

action252.jpg

The statue does a good job of representing her costume as drawn in the comics the last several years, but I've never thought the bare midriff, barely there skirt accurately reflected her sweet, girl next door personality.

Catwoman and Ivy use their sexuality to distract Batman(and others). Power Girl and Wonder Woman are just plain bad-ass, and couldn't care less what anyone thinks about their bodies.

Batgirl is more in line with how I think Supergirl should be represented. Killer body, and her innocence makes her sexy as hell, even though she doesn't flash any skin. The Supergirl TV show understands this, and rejected the more revealing costume used for the character in Smallville for one more in line with her original costume in the comics...

View attachment 251792

Very well put. I have 2 young girls and we watch the Supergirl show. The costume is very well done on that show and this version is not the image I want to have displayed with them in the house. That said, this is just my situation. For those who like it, congrats! A pass for me though.

That's what annoys me with SS. Yes, we all understand that sex sells but it's not the only way to sell. So many great male villians they could have done. Yet they seem to concentrate on busty, scanty clad women. That's why I've turned my eye to Prime 1 and have a few of their statues on order.

That's what annoys me with SS. Yes, we all understand that sex sells but it's not the only way to sell. So many great male villians they could have done. Yet they seem to concentrate on busty, scanty clad women. That's why I've turned my eye to Prime 1 and have a few of their statues on order.

I've been drawn to XM for the same reason.

I find this a little Ironic since the last DC villains to come out have been male. Sinestro, Darkseid and Lex Luthor.

I think this is just an attempt to give Superman a little of his family considering Batman has so many villains/family members out.

I find this a little Ironic since the last DC villains to come out have been male. Sinestro, Darkseid and Lex Luthor.

I think this is just an attempt to give Superman a little of his family considering Batman has so many villains/family members out.

I don't have any problem with SS putting out a statue that mirrors how she currently looks in the comics. My beef is really with how the comics are portraying her. I feel like they're altering her appearance to appeal to an adult male audience at the expense of a character that's been portrayed as innocent and girl-next-door for decades.

Back