Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't either, once in a great while it does happen. Needs to happen more often IMO.

I think that we usually only get to see stuff once the licensor has approved it, and the factory has been booked, which is why they rarely make any changes. This year at SDCC though they seemed to have a lot of stuff that still had the pending licensor approval tag (like the Masters of the Universe), so it was still possible. Also means this one is a ways off from production then.

I think that we usually only get to see stuff once the licensor has approved it, and the factory has been booked, which is why they rarely make any changes. This year at SDCC though they seemed to have a lot of stuff that still had the pending licensor approval tag (like the Masters of the Universe), so it was still possible. Also means this one is a ways off from production then.

Which is why they should show WIP pics, fix the problems BEFORE they become problems or generate extra excitement on pieces that look good.

I'm not expecting anything with this piece. If they fix it, then I hope they make a vast improvement. If they don't fix it, then ...oh well ...life goes on.

SS will make this a very desirable statue cause they already know ain't too many collectors will be so eager to buy her "authorized artist signature" print now. What a world, what a world.

They decided to rework it in the middle of SDCC, so it's in motion

I can't believe it took fan feedback for them to realize how bad that head sculpt was. Did they not see it the first time around?

As big a backlash as this statue got, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with it.

Agreed....and if fan feedback had nothing to do with it then that's even worse. Showing something they themselves didn't think was good enough.

I thought the sculpt shown at SDCC was okay. Not the abomination most were claiming, but okay.

Agreed....and if fan feedback had nothing to do with it then that's even worse. Showing something they themselves didn't think was good enough.

I thought the sculpt shown at SDCC was okay. Not the abomination most were claiming, but okay.

I agree aesthetically. It's nice but not amazing. With prices high as they are though, you better come with more than "nice" or "okay". Those days of casual preordering are gone... at least for me.

Maybe XM or GG will do one in the future. With so much coming on the plate, I lost a bit of interests unless this gets fixed with a pretty face. Otherwise I will just pass. I really wanted this, wolverine and vader but looks like all are passes for me at this point. No need to force it when others will make these characters in due time.With so many new statues popping up now its time to be more picky.

Fan feedback had nothing to do with it

It totally took fan feedback to elicit reworking. Alex on the other forum even mentioned something to the effect that she was aware of the uproar regarding the head sculpt during SDCC.

You guys act like you're surprised Ink chimed in the way he did:lol In any case, I don't care what provoked them to make changes but if they do and the head is much improved, she's back on my radar...

Maybe XM or GG will do one in the future. With so much coming on the plate, I lost a bit of interests unless this gets fixed with a pretty face. Otherwise I will just pass. I really wanted this, wolverine and vader but looks like all are passes for me at this point. No need to force it when others will make these characters in due time.With so many new statues popping up now its time to be more picky.
Neither have the license to do so.

Neither have the license to do so.

IN time they may get it. Never thought either could get marvel or Star Wars but it was a pleasant surprise. Kind of hate how so much is coming out but then I kind of feel good at how we have more choices that is now up to par with SS. This way if something we don't like we can just sit back and wait for another. With so much stuff being made its bound to get made again and the monopoly is getting smaller and smaller. It's a great feeling in a way if we don't think about the money. :wave

Back