Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laura Vandervoort is indeed gorgeous, but suggests cheerleader/professional model/Vegas showgirl, rather than the girl-next-door relatable qualities SS seems to be going for. It's the same reason a sweet, down-to-Earth type without overt bombshell attributes was selected for the new TV series... personality over demonstrative sex appeal. Maybe SS feels that if you want to go the glamor-bimbo route, there's always their overstuffed Power Girl PF as an option.
...Uh, besides the fact that many aren't finding her face attractive, this PF has every other asset of the "glamor-bimbo route" as you put it. Her chest is pretty large for a teen girl, her skirt is flirtatiously flying up in the back, she has long supermodel legs. So no, I don't think that's what they were going for. She just doesn't have an attractive face, that's all.

...Uh, besides the fact that many aren't finding her face attractive, this PF has every other asset of the "glamor-bimbo route" as you put it. Her chest is pretty large for a teen girl, her skirt is flirtatiously flying up in the back, she has long supermodel legs. So no, I don't think that's what they were going for. She just doesn't have an attractive face, that's all.

:exactly:

Show any objective observer the SS Supergirl and the SS Power Girl, then ask him/her "while both superheroine characters are designed to have sex appeal, which one of these two suggests 'bimbo' more?" You can wait for the answer, Josh, but most of us know it already. While the bare midriff costume is clearly an attempt to be satisfy buyers who want a little extra sexiness, it's obvious that SS was going for the girl-next-door route with the persona they've aimed for, both in the initial rendering of our fresh-faced heroine and in the prototype (even Streaky the cat adds to the innocent-sweetness factor). Just as their recent WW portrait went "off-model" facially to be realistic rather than overly sexy or glamorous (risking and getting all those "she looks like a man!" complaints in the process), SS opted to give Supergirl a little dignity and realism, aiming to create an attractive and smart young woman that can be admired by females looking for a role model, in addition to t & a-obsessed fanboys. You can criticize the results of their Supergirl-next-door portrait, but not the intent.

Show any objective observer the SS Supergirl and the SS Power Girl, then ask him/her "while both superheroine characters are designed to have sex appeal, which one of these two suggests 'bimbo' more?" You can wait for the answer, Josh, but most of us know it already. While the bare midriff costume is clearly an attempt to be satisfy buyers who want a little extra sexiness, it's obvious that SS was going for the girl-next-door route with the persona they've aimed for, both in the initial rendering of our fresh-faced heroine and in the prototype (even Streaky the cat adds to the innocent-sweetness factor). Just as their recent WW portrait went "off-model" facially to be realistic rather than overly sexy or glamorous (risking and getting all those "she looks like man!" complaints in the process), SS opted to give Supergirl a little dignity and realism, aiming to create an attractive and smart young woman that can be admired by females looking for a role model, in addition to t & a-obsessed fanboys. You can criticize the results of their Supergirl-next-door portrait, but not the intent.
Right. Because you know what their intent was. Its really nice to finally meet a clairavoyant. Look at her pose and tell me that isn't cheese cake pin-up. Legs together but one slightly bent, slight twist of the hips, one arm at the side the other in a playful pose. The clothing revealing but down in all the right places but still showing just enough to cause interest. Its almost like they followed a guide.

Wonder Woman is a different concept. Strong, antagonistic in expression, armed and defiantly standing on the battle field. Shes sexy not in her pose or expression but just because she is.

Powergirl follows the same path as Supergirl. Cheese cake pose, but more inviting in the face.

And Besides all that, since when does Girl-next door mean ugly in the face? This sculpt is supposed to be of a late teenage girl. She's got enough hard lines in her face to make think she was a power drinker. You always go softer on the face when conveying a young age, it's art 101.

Unfortunately lines on the face seems to be staple of SS sculpts these days, whether they're called for or not

Batgirl has nice soft features

I agree, Batgirl's face is well done. Supergirls face just looks out of place to me compared the style in which the rest of the DC line is done. Looking forward to an improved head sculpt hopefully or at the very least the ability to swap out her head and I could always commission one.

And Besides all that, since when does Girl-next door mean ugly in the face? This sculpt is supposed to be of a late teenage girl. She's got enough hard lines in her face to make think she was a power drinker. You always go softer on the face when conveying a young age, it's art 101.

That's harsh, Josh. That's harsh. :lol

There's some things they could tweak, but it doesn't look THAT bad. :lol

To each his own and I respect that. :lecture

11221398_10153151772718565_1906155474195448842_n.jpg

11811490_10153151772838565_1806936106337274118_n.jpg

What bugs me is the continuity. Her hair is flowing up, yet her cape is draped down. Though maybe the other head sculpt, or shaping the cape upwards could fix that.

I'm gonna get this, regardless, I don't care about the crazy hair in the wind. LOL. I need a cute, crazy blond in my collection. I just hope the price is not another $470 for these new PFs coming out. That $70 is like making up for all those returns and cancellations on these controversial pieces.

My biggest problem is that hair just doesn't do that and it looks silly. Wind or no, the hair doesn't get flattened for an inch or so at the brow and then spring straight up.

Back