Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really mind the sculpt, but it's definitely Superwoman rather than Supergirl. She appears about 35, and missing the youthful innocence that I normally associate with SuperGIRL.

I do not disagree with you...you make some great points. But I was commenting on the fact that some collectors seem to believe this forum or other statue forums are the center of the collecting universe. So...if people on this forum are complaining about price increases, QC issues, or the way a sculpt looks...they form this opinion that "the majority" or "all collectors" have a problem with the aforementioned issues. And because "the majority of collectors" supposedly have a problem with this Supergirl sculpt, Sideshow will have to "listen" and implement changes. As you mentioned...there are many things a company "listens to" when making a decisions about their business / production strategies. Just because some members of this forum do not like the sculpt does not mean that a) people can make the assumption that the majority of collectors have a problem with the sculpt or b) Sideshow has to listen to the forum and make the requested changes in their production strategies regarding this sculpt.

:exactly:

I do not disagree with you...you make some great points. But I was commenting on the fact that some collectors seem to believe this forum or other statue forums are the center of the collecting universe. So...if people on this forum are complaining about price increases, QC issues, or the way a sculpt looks...they form this opinion that "the majority" or "all collectors" have a problem with the aforementioned issues. And because "the majority of collectors" supposedly have a problem with this Supergirl sculpt, Sideshow will have to "listen" and implement changes. As you mentioned...there are many things a company "listens to" when making a decisions about their business / production strategies. Just because some members of this forum do not like the sculpt does not mean that a) people can make the assumption that the majority of collectors have a problem with the sculpt or b) Sideshow has to listen to the forum and make the requested changes in their production strategies regarding this sculpt.

Well said. :goodpost: +1

I find it hilarious that some Freaks actually believe that. :lol

I will never get the criticism/bashing this one took, I quite like/liked it. Never thought she looked too old, but it wouldn't be the first rush to judgement that board members made that was later retracted. The poor reception of that Sentinel piece someone else mentioned is a perfect example.

Peeps also always forget the approvals process, and that ultimately it is the licensor that they first have to sell to. Plus they are mapping these things out in advance, have a booking order, etc.

That said, they still should pump the breaks on occasion (which they appear to be doing on this one). That Reeve pf was/is a disaster, and that was evident from the reveal to it arriving in peoples homes. Seeing that thing go around 2 bills on ebay proves how little most care for it.

Whatever happened to this PF? Revealed last July, but still not up for preorder? Guess that means they might be redesigning the whole dern thing.

Seeing the delay in preorder, I suppose it's possible they are still futzing with it...there has been a lot of negative chatter about this piece. Even with the recent changes, it's still a solid pass for me.

Someone on SF said that SS is re-sculpting the left arm and redoing the paint application on the skin parts. Everything else is remaining the same...

I think it's in the Ask Sideshow thread over on SF.

I like the face on this Supergirl. I don't understand how some people can determine age on a sculpt unless it has wrinkles, lines, bags under her eyes and gray hair. My only problem was that wrong hand saluting motion and if they changed that, I think it will be prefect. I'm getting her regardless of how the final look will be. I just wish they hurry up, cause I'm dying to see her.

Someone on SF said that SS is re-sculpting the left arm and redoing the paint application on the skin parts. Everything else is remaining the same...

Yeah, I read the same thing.

It's too bad they are keeping the face, but hopefully this will follow all the other recent ex's and come with an alternate head sculpt with mouth closed and hair down.

I like the face on this Supergirl. I don't understand how some people can determine age on a sculpt unless it has wrinkles, lines, bags under her eyes and gray hair. My only problem was that wrong hand saluting motion and if they changed that, I think it will be prefect. I'm getting her regardless of how the final look will be. I just wish they hurry up, cause I'm dying to see her.

I don't have an issue persay with the portrait but it doesn't blow me away. Dark Phoenix heads blow me away...that's the difference for me.

Changing the paint apps won't fix anything, the factory in China won't be able to match it.

I don't know why they couldn't have made it look something like this
dc-justice-premium-art-print-supergirl-non-foil.jpg
Would've blown me away, that's for sure.

Back