Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is no way that sideshow would release this as is with all of the negative feedback they have received thus far. if they do it will have a super low ES and nobody will buy it. they have to be altering the face slightly or at least the exclusive will be a switch of head.

there is no way that sideshow would release this as is with all of the negative feedback they have received thus far. if they do it will have a super low ES and nobody will buy it. they have to be altering the face slightly or at least the exclusive will be a switch of head.

:exactly:
I'm really hoping for the exclusive to be an alternative head. I believe someone mentioned that Streaky the cat is not the exclusive, so there's a good chance. I'm a big fan of Supergirl and this statue is a big deal for me, but I definitely think the head sculpt we've seen needs some work.

You must not of been around when they put the Christopher Reeve Superman PF up for sale.... Everyone complained about it and they still put it up for sale...

You must not of been around when they put the Christopher Reeve Superman PF up for sale.... Everyone complained about it and they still put it up for sale...

Only time I can remember feeling like they actually cared was powergirl. Initial images were unfavorable and then it turned out to be she had a better regular face and the original advertised was the exclusive. Anyone who has been around the block awhile knows SS never advertises the exclusive in the teasers and promo's.

They also tried to listen to the feedbacks for their Green Goblin PF ...only to find out it was too late make a change. Maybe SSC is now starting to listen more.

They also tried to listen to the feedbacks for their Green Goblin PF ...only to find out it was too late make a change. Maybe SSC is now starting to listen more.

Common sense for a company to listen to the people who buy there products. I know the customer is not always right, buy if there is a large consensus of negative feedback and good suggestions, not a bad idea to listen to it so you do not have products sitting on shelves. When more things sit, the more likely they will increase cost somewhere to make up for the loss revenue.

Common sense for a company to listen to the people who buy there products. I know the customer is not always right, buy if there is a large consensus of negative feedback and good suggestions, not a bad idea to listen to it so you do not have products sitting on shelves. When more things sit, the more likely they will increase cost somewhere to make up for the loss revenue.

I always thought so. A company who is in touch with their customers' wants and needs will likely be more successful than not ...IMO anyway. It's when a company is out of touch with their customers that failures occur. So hopefully SSC is indeed starting to listen.

Anime Supergirl

Already been done, and masterfully so, by Kotobukiya

xlly05L.jpg

ljVy7tP.jpg

I agree with you primary assertion...but with some qualifications. I keep reading posts from people talking about how Sideshow cannot release this piece because all the negative feed back.... The aforementioned feedback is coming from what percentage of Sideshow's overall customer base exactly???? Are we talking about .5%, 5%, 20%, 50%, or even 75% of Sideshow's customer base "complaining" or issuing negative feedback??

IMHO I believe people read critical comments on this forum, or comparable forums, about and then make a grand assumption or broad generalization that "the majority of Sideshow's customer base" is unhappy with this piece. Truth is...we have no idea what percentage of Sideshow's customers are unhappy with this piece. Therefore, I'm unclear why anyone would expect Sideshow will implement wholesale changes before releasing this statue.

We're the closest thing they have to an informed test group.

I hear you....but how much do you believe anyone from Sideshow management cares what our "informed test group" thinks?

Putting aside the Supergirl issues for just one moment... If Sideshow truly felt what our little test group thinks was important...then why do they keep raising prices or why haven't they fixed their supposedly systemic quality control issues? Folks on this board whine and complain bitterly 24/7 about both of those topics...yet Sideshow keeps raising prices and folks still keep complaining about QC issues.

There have been numerous instances of people on this forum complaining about Sideshow's products prior to release. As dan350zr mentioned people were really complaining about that Christopher Reeve Superman PF...IMHO people were more upset about the Christopher Reeve PF more than this Supergirl PF. And yet Sideshow still released that abomination despite what our little test group thought.

I don't think they care, at least in regard to esthetics. They know there are enough people out there who share their taste to sell through whatever they put out. If they think it looks good, there's really nothing that can be said. Normally I'm pretty forgiving of Sideshow's actions. I don't think they're out to rip anyone off. However, when they make something I think is ugly, I'll say it without apology. I think Supergirl is ugly.

Most of us have good taste. They should listen. There are a million potential reasons why they don't.

Deafening silence on the Chris Reeve PF. Been ages since I have seen that thread bumped. He deserves a better statue.

I hear you....but how much do you believe anyone from Sideshow management cares what our "informed test group" thinks?

Putting aside the Supergirl issues for just one moment... If Sideshow truly felt what our little test group thinks was important...then why do they keep raising prices or why haven't they fixed their supposedly systemic quality control issues? Folks on this board whine and complain bitterly 24/7 about both of those topics...yet Sideshow keeps raising prices and folks still keep complaining about QC issues.

There have been numerous instances of people on this forum complaining about Sideshow's products prior to release. As dan350zr mentioned people were really complaining about that Christopher Reeve Superman PF...IMHO people were more upset about the Christopher Reeve PF more than this Supergirl PF. And yet Sideshow still released that abomination despite what our little test group thought.

I don't think they care, at least in regard to esthetics. They know there are enough people out there who share their taste to sell through whatever they put out. If they think it looks good, there's really nothing that can be said. Normally I'm pretty forgiving of Sideshow's actions. I don't think they're out to rip anyone off. However, when they make something I think is ugly, I'll say it without apology. I think Supergirl is ugly.

Most of us have good taste. They should listen. There are a million potential reasons why they don't.

You both make really good points and I agree for the most part I just wanted to chime in my 2 cents. Not every statue is handled the same way, what I mean by that is sometimes they are revealed in different times during the timeline the statue is coming to fruition. There are many factors we don't know the logistics to that as a successful company I feel sideshow takes into consideration. With that said I do think depending on when during the timeline a statue is revealed they may be able to make adjustments if the outcry is loud enough or they may not either way these forums are but a small percentage of the consumer base that even at times when it seems unanimous there is hate for a statue it sells out. You have to take the overall perception/opinion of the forum with a grain of salt. As already said there are slo many other factors that could effect statues that we don't see or take into consideration. There could be a contract with the sculptor if someone is hired to sculpt character X and then theres this omg what is this on character X that sculptor may have already fulfilled their end of the contract and SS cant have another sculptor edit or add on to their work for legal reasons. There are so many of these nuance things that we as the consumesr don't care about or even think about that may effect things.
I just want to add in about the price increase that saying customers don't want prices to go up and the company not listening is not an argument for a company not listening. People are still buying the product that is what actually speaks because consumers will complain about ANY price increase no matter how big or small on ANY product. By that logic not a single company on this earth listens to their customers

With all that said sometimes SS hits a home run others they foul tip and others they swing and a miss. The beauty of this is you are not required to buy anything and can pick and choose what you spend your money on. A statue is **** and you dont like it dont buy it and down the line I'm sure there will be another.

I want to point out the sentinel maquette. When this went on PO over a year ago this was complained about being to expensive and the pose looks like moonwalker, or dribbling a basketball, or dancing. It was clear that the thread was majority negative to it. Its on WL now, all that complaining about the price and pose etc. which spoke louder ?

I just want to add in about the price increase that saying customers don't want prices to go up and the company not listening is not an argument for a company not listening. People are still buying the product that is what actually speaks because consumers will complain about ANY price increase no matter how big or small on ANY product. By that logic not a single company on this earth listens to their customers

I do not disagree with you...you make some great points. But I was commenting on the fact that some collectors seem to believe this forum or other statue forums are the center of the collecting universe. So...if people on this forum are complaining about price increases, QC issues, or the way a sculpt looks...they form this opinion that "the majority" or "all collectors" have a problem with the aforementioned issues. And because "the majority of collectors" supposedly have a problem with this Supergirl sculpt, Sideshow will have to "listen" and implement changes. As you mentioned...there are many things a company "listens to" when making a decisions about their business / production strategies. Just because some members of this forum do not like the sculpt does not mean that a) people can make the assumption that the majority of collectors have a problem with the sculpt or b) Sideshow has to listen to the forum and make the requested changes in their production strategies regarding this sculpt.

I will say this, even beyond listening to small groups of customers, if you look at the female sculpts Sideshow has put out in the past few years. Paint aps aside, just sculpts, from an artistic perspective this Supergirl is by far the weakest. I would hope Sideshows art department would recognize and self correct but it could be a case of being too close to a piece when taking a step back is required.

Back