Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Super Street Fighter IV

Haven't gone online yet. Getting familiar with the new characters. The overall look of the game is smoother compared to 4. There's a little upgrade. I'm playing on ps3 so no native 1080p. Looks better though.

Where did you get yours at, KMart? I heard most stores have released it early?

Just played on 360 today and I have to say that the Dpad is total sh**.
Every time I tried an ultra, or super...speaking of the familar quarter circle action, the character jumps.
How you dudes over at the 360 camp really play game with something like that.
Seriously, I do pity you...that´s a pain in the a**
Can´t wait playin´it on my black lady, cause overall the graphics seem better, music´s awesome and the character got kick-a** moves...

Playing Street Fighter with a pad = :banghead

The 360 pad is definitely not meant for fighting games.

The problem is that I´m from germany, as you can see and here is NO arcade community whatsoever, to called it that way.
That´s why I never actually played ANY Beat´em up on arcades and and pad´s the only way and I´m not gonna learning over to arcade stick.
PS3´s pad awesome for the moves: 360°=Analog stick, quarter and half circle stuff=Dpad.

If you're playing this on anything but a fighting stick = Fail regardless of what system you're on.

You know it's funny... I LOVE playing SF on arcade sticks, and I agree that's how it should be played. But because I grew up on SF during the SNES days and learned on a controller, I'm sometimes better using a pad depending on which character I use.

My charging game is far superior on a stick (Guile, Chun, etc), but when it comes to fireball motions, I'm more adept at using the pad, simply because I've put in thousands of hours on my SNES and PS1 controllers when using characters like Ryu.

Just yesterday, I was playing a friend while using a stick, and he was like, "damn it, stop beating me. Use a controller," thinking it would handicap me. He could come close to beating me when I used non-charge characters on. But I crushed him with those guys, and started doing poorly with the charge characters.

It's so odd, and it really changes my play style depending on whether I use a stick or pad.

The only instance in which I think (and agree with wookie) that no arcade stick = fail is if you're a top tier, pro SF player who frequently competes at tourneys.

If you're just a casual player who mostly plays against friends or strangers online, it doesn't really matter which as long as you can keep up. Fight sticks don't magically improve your game. It's like owning a light saber, it'll give you the edge, but if you're a noob you'll just cut your finger off...or something.

Let's face it, most of us aren't Daigo Umehara or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Wait, what?

Yeah, there are certain things that are harder to do on a pad simply because of button placement (unless you map things to a single button, which I really don't approve [three punches/kicks I can understand, but not mapping focus attacks to a one button]). I keep my button layout on the PS3 controller the same as the SNES style map, and I sure as hell can't do FADCs reliably.

You really do have to learn to use a stick to use it properly. My sister always tells her boyfriend to use a stick (because she always see's me using mine), but she just doesn't get that it'll make him worse off the get-go because he's a controller guy.

Can anyone recommend me a solid arcade controller? Found this one for $20 but I'm wary about the quality. If it helps, I can be very rough when I lose....:lol

edit: PS3, please?

https://www.futureshop.ca:80/en-CA/...spx?path=1582579a6031fb773baaf5384508da56en02

That arcade stick looks bad simply for the fact that there is no where to rest your hands.

Madcatz TE arcade stick or go home. There is a reason they have sold so many of them and why you see so many at the Street Fighter tournaments.

You can get them for less than $99 at amazon with free shipping. You won't regret it.

That arcade stick looks bad simply for the fact that there is no where to rest your hands.

Madcatz TE arcade stick or go home. There is a reason they have sold so many of them and why you see so many at the Street Fighter tournaments.

You can get them for less than $99 at amazon with free shipping. You won't regret it.

:lecture Yes get the madcatz TE stick. Made with the same parts as the arcade cabinet. And co-developed with Capcom. SSF4 comes out tmrw! What are you waiting for? GO!! :whip :D

The only instance in which I think (and agree with wookie) that no arcade stick = fail is if you're a top tier, pro SF player who frequently competes at tourneys.

If you're just a casual player who mostly plays against friends or strangers online, it doesn't really matter which as long as you can keep up. Fight sticks don't magically improve your game. It's like owning a light saber, it'll give you the edge, but if you're a noob you'll just cut your finger off...or something.

Let's face it, most of us aren't Daigo Umehara or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Wait, what?

Saw a new vid of Daigo using Dee-Jay! :horror f'n sick!!!

Wookie and Plasmid are right, its a matter of preference whether to use the stick or pad, but if yer going be try and be top tier, gotta go with the stick. Easier to do focus cancels and makes me feel like its 1992 all over again playing in the Street Fighter 2 in the arcades!

Okay, I found this one but it's backordered!:banghead

https://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73045

The TE version is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond my budget!(occasional gamer...)

https://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73046

Don't pay full price for those madcatz TE sticks, it's kinda foolish if you do...since you can find them for $100 at several places.

Back