Super Alloy 1/6 Batman by Jim Lee [STGCC 2012 Exclusive]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks OK but what's the point? I mean what's it based on? Is there a comic by Jim Lee where Bats uses armor? Is this what Bats uses in the "New 52" world? I haven't read any of the "New 52" books to know. :dunno

I PO'd this one through BBTS as well. It's just too cool! 85% diecast and comic version of Batman? It's worth $270 to me when I'm paying that much for Hot Toys which are made of plastic and rubber...especially since I've been getting into diecast stuff recently. It reminds me of being a kid and playing with my diecast Voltron. Those were the days....

Over 18 pounds? @ $6/lb shipping any interest that I may have had in picking this up... gone.

This sort of reminds me of the ugly Lego (robot) batman. My wife got it for me. A total waste of $15.oo

If you say so :D

100820120106.jpg
4526-1.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

those who don't like are not a real batman fan

lol O well i think it's more like casual bat fans will be less interested which is understandable. I personally would love to have one since if you think about it.... bat toys have a reputation of sucking after the batman and robin movie.. they were good back in the tim burton movies and the animated series (for the standard that time), and a great batcave from batman forever... then pretty much the toys sucked... even the batman begins figures are meh... (thanks to mattel)....dc universe gave some hope at first but now they are having a downward spiral in terms of quality and inventiveness.... so having a 1/6 comic inspired batman is great. To me it looks like a new 52 style batman but more "armoured". Not to mention it's a comic bats with loads of articulation. You really don't see that many comic bats with useful articulation (YES DC DIRECT I am talking about you lol). But the price is a bit steep .....

This thing looks so awesome, but considering how heavy it is and the amount of diecast and such I really worry it won't be able to handle the heft and may have loose joints after a month or so.

Wasn't this figure supposed to be on display at some shops or con this week? Has anyone seen any new pics?

This thing looks so awesome, but considering how heavy it is and the amount of diecast and such I really worry it won't be able to handle the heft and may have loose joints after a month or so.
:exactly: It actually does look cool but he'll only be able to stand straight up. I suppose you could try to apply glue to the joints to keep them stiff? My real problem is it will look really funny around Hot Toys figures and the shoulders won't allow you to pose his arms very high.

The Jim Lee Batman is kinda cool! A more stylized Dark Knight Don't think it supposed to look real,an artistic interpretation if you will. I might order it

I think he looks pretty cool. I really like the head sculpt and other aspects of the costume. I think if they were making more than one figure/character, like a Superman in this style, then I would put my ankles in it.

I think he looks pretty cool. I really like the head sculpt and other aspects of the costume. I think if they were making more than one figure/character, like a Superman in this style, then I would put my ankles in it.

I understand the sentiment of having more than one figure in a line. It seems to me that Batman (since he doesn't have super powers) is most suited to have an armored costume. 52 reboot withstanding, Superman wouldn't really need an armored costume (unless it was to protect him from Kryptonite).

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see more DC figures come from Play Imaginative. The following is from their LinkedIn listing:

Play Imaginative is the creator of Trexi, a canvas art toy, and holds various licenses, including Disney, Marvel, DC, Care Bears, and SpongeBob SquarePants.

Last edited:
Back