Super Alloy 1/6 Batman by Jim Lee [STGCC 2012 Exclusive]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's how it turned out. I was looking out for this & their 'Iron Man' figure. I'm not the biggest fan on how this turned out though.

Look nice but I will stick with Hot Toys, Its to pricey and the sculpt is to toyish although the armored suit is great!!!

EZPass.jpg

at $350?

no thx. that money can go towards EB batman instead. :)

The alloy looks nice but the joints are a real turn off. Headsculpt isn't very pretty and he looks awful in that shot without the cape.

By the way, the 350 is in SGD, but to give a rough guide, it costs the same as a Batpod.

I'm not too fond of the head sculpt, but I think it's mostly the joints that ruin this figure. Looks kinda like an upsized 'Play Arts' figure or something. Plus there are so many other figure options to spend $280 on.

I think it's mostly Jim Lee's craptastic design that ruins this figure, personally. I'm actually beginning to wonder if Lee's negative contributions to geekdom outweigh the positives.

When the page was loading, I was actually expecting a headsculpt close to Jim Lee's work in HUSH.. This looks like a random anime character who wore the Batsuit. :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks interesting, but the ad implies there will be a non-metallic version later. That one would interest me more. I do love the die-cast aspect of the figure. It fits the New 52 version of Batman, so this is one instance where I'm not upset they used a Lee design.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I do really like the new 52 Batsuit. I don't think it is too "busy" and the armor actually looks tough and rugged, especially when rendered by Greg Capullo, not like some too-tight spandex that will rip if Batman stretches, flexes, or kicks in the wrong way by accident.

batman1.jpg

dc_retailer_promos_pdfs_july11_dcn52_batman_1_02.jpg

I just haven't seen it in an action figure form yet that does it justice. Not by Mattel, not the DCD version, and definitely not this metallic one. This looks like an Elseworld's tale of what would happen if Tony Stark's parents were murdered in a Gotham alley.

I think a 1/6 version with an sculpted armored suit, that is covered in a cloth or flocked finish would be the best representation of this. A simple cloth suit on a figure won't give the impression of armor.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I do really like the new 52 Batsuit. I don't think it is too "busy" and the armor actually looks tough and rugged, especially when rendered by Greg Capullo, not like some too-tight spandex that will rip if Batman stretches, flexes, or kicks in the wrong way by accident.

I just haven't seen it in an action figure form yet that does it justice. Not by Mattel, not the DCD version, and definitely not this metallic one. This looks like an Elseworld's tale of what would happen if Tony Stark's parents were murdered in a Gotham alley.

I think a 1/6 version with an sculpted armored suit, that is covered in a cloth or flocked finish would be the best representation of this. A simple cloth suit on a figure won't give the impression of armor.

Your not in the minority as far as I'm concerned. I think it's a great evolution of Batman's basic design-taking a cue from the movie, but keeping a comic twist.

And I'm wanting to like the figure, but after looking at it, and reading what it's made of, I don't think it could (literally) scratch it's own nose. I mean look at it! All that fancy die-cast and the figure doesn't look like you can pose it's arms above his head. Pretty pricey for something that's nothing more than an over-sized paper weight.

Then again, if I'd ever see it up close and in person, it could end up being one of those impulse purchases.:thud:

Yeah it is way too much, but honestly I think it looks pretty cool. I'm sure with some lights hitting it this thing would be crazy awesome.

Back