Premium Format Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I normally want the head sculpts of movie pieces to be as accurate as possible to the actor, this is one case where I think the sculpt looks better than it would if it were more accurate.

I am really loving the head sculpt as it is...perfectly executed.

Sent from my SM-C115W using Tapatalk

Although I normally want the head sculpts of movie pieces to be as accurate as possible to the actor, this is one case where I think the sculpt looks better than it would if it were more accurate.

I am really loving the head sculpt as it is...perfectly executed.

Sent from my SM-C115W using Tapatalk

Sometimes I think the closer a headsculpt is to an actor, the more we critique the piece for its differences (me included). Collectors compare it to movie stills and other shots, and it's rarely the case that they'll ever be good enough in some people's eyes.

Just look at the two Ledger Joker threads. It's all the same comments, by pretty much the same 2-3 posters.

Whereas headsculpts that aren't that close, get away with it to a certain extent, like the Wonder Woman piece (and to me this piece as well). Because it's obvious that Sideshow didn't even try, people won't critique/nitpick their pieces at the same level.

Whereas headsculpts that aren't that close, get away with it to a certain extent, like the Wonder Woman piece (and to me this piece as well). Because it's obvious that Sideshow didn't even try, people won't critique/nitpick their pieces at the same level.

Oh, they tried. They just don't have it in them.

I'd disagree they didn't try with the Harley.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well it is closer I'll give you that. Truthfully I was thinking more about the Wonder Woman to a greater extent for that point.

As a few have mentioned, there are a few older pieces with great likenesses. What happened to those artists?

And it does appear that most manufacturing houses have issues with female sculpts.

And note, as much as I feel that the facesculpt isn't the greatest. I do like the overall statue enough that I've currently got it on preorder.

:goodpost:

:lol

Just like how Hot Toys doesn't have it in them to sculpt Ledger.

Sideshow did nailed the likeness of of Rey though, that's better than Hot Toys one.

As a few have mentioned, there are a few older pieces with great likenesses. What happened to those artists?

Trevor Grove was the best sculptor at Sideshow, not to mention the best best Arnie sculptor there is, but he doesn't sculpt much for Sideshow anymore and does statues and sculpts for other companies. However, he was apart of sculpting the head for The Han Solo Premium Format Figure and that sculpt is better than any of Hot Toys ones.

Last edited:
Well, bit the bullet and went in on this.
I'm hoping theres a Justice League Bats PF to put her with because I just didn't like the BvS normal one and she's pretty small to put next to armored Bats.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's like the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman PF, the face looks great but it just doesn't look a lot like Michelle Pfeiffer, it's the same with this statue, face looks great but doesn't quite look like Margot Robbie...

Back