Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
torchsnuff.jpg

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :monkey2

Well...got my official boilerplate response this morning :(

Hi - Gentle Giant has just delivered a much smaller portion of our order than we anticipated. It is unlikely that we will be able to fill your order for this statue due to the allocation from Gentle Giant. I'm very sorry for the problem on this piece, we do not expect any issues with future Sucker Punch items.

Thanks
Joel
www.bigbadtoystore.com

So bummed...even though I mentally was preparing myself for disappointment :( And I sure as hell don't want to grace GG with any more of my money after this debacle.

Tabbykitty, my heart literally just sank for you.:(

Hi - Gentle Giant has just delivered a much smaller portion of our order than we anticipated. It is unlikely that we will be able to fill your order for this statue due to the allocation from Gentle Giant. I'm very sorry for the problem on this piece, we do not expect any issues with future Sucker Punch items.

Thanks
Joel
www.bigbadtoystore.com

So bummed...even though I mentally was preparing myself for disappointment :( And I sure as hell don't want to grace GG with any more of my money after this debacle.

Thanks
Joel
www.bigbadtoystore.com

Thats what aggravates me to about the customer service surrounding this debacle: "Oh we dropped the ball on Babydoll and there is not a single thing we can do, but we promise we can get you the other girls, no issue"

Who is seriously going to want the others when they can't get the main girl?

Thank you for the kind thoughts Gryph:1-1: Folks on this board have been so very supportive, esp with the Babydoll mess. :)

And I agree Corrose...I wanted to get the whole line, not 4 of the 5 (if their guarantees can be believed). What I've heard from GG is they never expected this to be so popular, and well...things happen. I guess that's what burns me the most. GG would have known at the time they cut off their own preorders exactly how many they needed for their customers, and ergo how many they would have available to fill retailer and distributor orders. And they still get caught with their pants down? Hard to believe.

I'll hold out hope for the others still waiting to hear that they will get theirs. Good luck guys!

Thanks
Joel
www.bigbadtoystore.com

welcome to the f@#!ed by GG club...

Thanks
Joel
www.bigbadtoystore.com

So sad, Tabby. Very sorry to hear the news. :(

Thanks
Joel
www.bigbadtoystore.com

my condolences

Thats what aggravates me to about the customer service surrounding this debacle: "Oh we dropped the ball on Babydoll and there is not a single thing we can do, but we promise we can get you the other girls, no issue"

Who is seriously going to want the others when they can't get the main girl?

I think babydoll's popularity caught everybody off guard

usually a 500 run of anything doesn't really sell out that fast these days :dunno

I agree with you ink. 500 doesn't sound like a lot but in collectors terms it is. Look at the SS Daredevil exclusive comiquette??!!!! When it was announced, being a totally new character and from an as yet unreleased movie, they didn't bank on the collectability, but announcing an ES definitely pushed the sales crazy.

usually a 500 run of anything doesn't really sell out that fast these days :dunno

I think what really sucks is that a lot of us ordered in sept which was the month it was announced and didn't find out til it was too late that we weren't gonna get it. i haven't been in the statue collecting game that long but that seems like a rarity when you order that far in advance. I've heard of lines getting cancelled altogether but this seems like a rare occurrence. So when someone who ordered months later gets one(lucky them!), it definitely leaves a sour taste in our mouths.

I think what really sucks is that a lot of us ordered in sept which was the month it was announced and didn't find out til it was too late that we weren't gonna get it. i haven't been in the statue collecting game that long but that seems like a rarity when you order that far in advance. I've heard of lines getting cancelled altogether but this seems like a rare occurrence. So when someone who ordered months later gets one(lucky them!), it definitely leaves a sour taste in our mouths.

Thats the reason Im so furious, I did my due dilligence, I ordered about a day after pre-orders went up, paid my deposit, and waited, waited, waited and waited some more. I was one of the first in line to get mine and it didnt even matter.

Thats the reason Im so furious, I did my due dilligence, I ordered about a day after pre-orders went up, paid my deposit, and waited, waited, waited and waited some more. I was one of the first in line to get mine and it didnt even matter.

I hear ya there! The other thing that makes it even worse, is these statues are landing in the hands of greedy people who turn around and put them on eBay for $850-1,200 (even one who has it up for $1,800).

Thank you for the kind thoughts Gryph:1-1: Folks on this board have been so very supportive, esp with the Babydoll mess. :)

And I agree Corrose...I wanted to get the whole line, not 4 of the 5 (if their guarantees can be believed). What I've heard from GG is they never expected this to be so popular, and well...things happen. I guess that's what burns me the most. GG would have known at the time they cut off their own preorders exactly how many they needed for their customers, and ergo how many they would have available to fill retailer and distributor orders. And they still get caught with their pants down? Hard to believe.

I'll hold out hope for the others still waiting to hear that they will get theirs. Good luck guys!

Sorry to hear this news, Tabby. :(

Just got my shipping notice

Congrats, Captain! :)

Back