Styracosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too soon?! Frankly, I'm glad it will be hitting in 25 and not on the heels of the holiday season. This way I'll at least have a pool of holiday funds to deal with, and not a dearth of cash after I've been overly-generous last minute with... family... friends... and whomever else people typically buy presents for these days. :lol

You haven't heard? It's a new custom to buy presents for your fellow Freaks. One freshly slaughtered turkey, please.

While I'm eating my Thanksgiving dinner, I'm going to be thinking of you Scar. :lol

Thanks, Chris! Got this in an e-mail yesterday. Very cool stuff! :rock

I'll be sure to keep you guys in mind this weekend with my little feathered friends! :D

Not sure if this question has been asked before. But I am wondering what is the estimated scale of SS Dinosauria Maquettes to the real creatures? Or is there no standard scale, just renditions to depict the dinosaurs in sizes that are just large enough to put in all the details that come with the maquettes?

Tyranosaurus is about 1/18 or 1/20

I guess the others are the same scale

The Dinosauria statues are comparable in size, but they are not made to scale with each other. The Styracosaurus maquette, for example, will be larger than the Triceratops statue. In reality, the Styracosaurus was a quite a bit smaller than its three-horned cousin.

465px-Human-triceratops_size_comparison.svg.png

800px-Human-styracosaurus_size_comparison.svg.png

Just received an e-mail update, from Sideshow to all retailers:

Styracosaurus Maquette: Currently en route to warehouse, expected to arrive the week of November 30th. :google Order processing to commence at that time.

Suppose I didn't really want to buy food this month, anyway. :lol

Wooooooooooooows. Awesome news, Dan. Just remember that if times are tight this holiday season, you can still show you care for family and friends by alternative routes which circumvent expensive gifts.

humanfund-731387.jpg

Brilliant. In that case, consider yourself a benefactor.

Poor Georgie boy. He should have used Dinosauria as an excuse for his corner-cutting.

I'm not ready for this one to ship either. I hope the next one doesn't ship until close to the end of Q1.

Back