Styracosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Finally a good shot of the of the color scheme on this bad boy!!! :banana:chew:banana

Picture1-2.png

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6907&source=061109news&utm_source=newsletter-pers-061109news&utm_medium=email

Very, very promising...

Damn, even their teases are impressive. A bit earlier than I expected. Not quite ready to place another pre-order as my collectibles budget is overburdened at the moment. But since when do I let little things like that stop me. Luke and Han in Stormtrooper disguise may be in trouble...

SS sure is cracking out the Dinosauria statues. I've ordered the EXs of every single one so far and this one will not be an exception.

My favorite ceratopsian - a must have for sure. :cool: Digging some of that color too.

It certainly brings to mind a lot of extant reptiles and birds alike in terms of its coloration. Green Rosellas, Jeweled Lacertas, and Veiled Chameleons in particular. Natural tones that remain eye-catching. Very nice choice for dimorphism.

It's interesting that they're putting color in the circular areas of the frill. Come to think of it, it's probably the exact place the color should be :D

It's interesting that they're putting color in the circular areas of the frill. Come to think of it, it's probably the exact place the color should be :D

It is indeed, and what's most appealing to me is that the color pattern on the frill is the exact coloration of the eyes. It is vibrant, and could well be a display to signal virility, but equally plausible is the color pattern being elevated away from vital organs though still in an armored region to draw the attention of predators and make them uncertain of where they should attack to deal the most lethal blow. A lot of thought certainly seems to have gone into this particular color scheme.

Next Thursday can't come soon enough! I wonder what the timing will be for a scheduled release... if it'll be in Q4 2009 or Q1 2010. I'm just going to be grateful to have it; it's alright by me if they space them out. :chew

Please 1st QT 2010...I really need these to be spaced out for financial reasons...

Back