Styracosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The base is a real monstrosity. Consequently, the Styracosaurus appears to be the tallest Dinosauria statue so far at 13" high. Both dioramas are 12".

Sweet !

Really makes me wonder how they would do a sauropod..I mean one has to be coming eventually. If the head of the animal is at least 1-2" to show the appropriate level of detail..we're looking at what ? 3-4 feet ? And a base for it..ouch

Blade, I put your WS Styrac right next to the Sideshow Styrac. He looks like he's trying to mimic the big guy, lifting his little paw in the air. :D

#99 is here.

14345t5.jpg

2zyiu8m.jpg

t6cvg0.jpg

2vijspk.jpg

f4dyy8.jpg

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the piece, it is certainly one of the best sculpts so far; I still think maybe the Rex statue takes it. I really love the coloring, and the dynamic nature of the pose; you certainly can see it straining to track a scent. Sideshow however insists on using that damn coarse foam and so the beak on mine is a bit rubbed; oh well, nothing a little drybrushing won't fix.

Wow, this one is a beauty. It could potentially be my favorite.

I hope it fits on my shelf, how does it compare the end of the Carno's tail?

Nice shots, mate. Just remember - some dinosaurs will pay good money to get their beak rubbed.

DSC00568.jpg

great shots lotrfan! can we request for comparison pics with the other dinosauria pieces? thanks!

woah! i have the same pieces, though not exclusives, and they really look good displayed together! nice size on the styrac also! thanks for the pics! :)

As the best you have, LOTRFan, that's damn fantastic if I do say so myself. Most impressive. The coloring on the Styrac looks extremely impressive. I'll reserve my comments until I have it in-hand, but the pics have my hopes high.

Wow, for some reason I never quite realized how big the dio is. Awesome pics (and display!) thanks for sharing.

Camera flash always brings out the vibrancy of the colors. It's amazing how much better that JP diorama looks with the banner!

Man..I can't believe how big those skulls are...I swear I thought they were all like..an inch or so.

If t hey do an Allo it might have to be an exclusive..if I can swing it...or maybe the Spino if my cousin can shell out some extra dough..lol

Man..I can't believe how big those skulls are...I swear I thought they were all like..an inch or so.

If t hey do an Allo it might have to be an exclusive..if I can swing it...or maybe the Spino if my cousin can shell out some extra dough..lol

The EX are really worth it IMO, soon I will have enough to just display them by themselves. :banana

"Cousin" .... yeah. :naughty :lol

As far a I know he's only one..lol :D

But it gives me great excuses..like this time of year..I can say on this dino site or want to go to that store to look for something for him and besides..it's educational. ;)

The skulls would make good pieces all on their own...say you love your Dinosauria pieces..but don't to hazard them o nthe desk at work....just take the skull to sit beside you and remind you of it. It can also garner interest...let you tell them all about it..and then open your wallet and show em' the pics of your collection...

As far a I know he's only one..lol :D

But it gives me great excuses..like this time of year..I can say on this dino site or want to go to that store to look for something for him and besides..it's educational. ;)

The skulls would make good pieces all on their own...say you love your Dinosauria pieces..but don't to hazard them o nthe desk at work....just take the skull to sit beside you and remind you of it. It can also garner interest...let you tell them all about it..and then open your wallet and show em' the pics of your collection...

Hold on one second!...

Sorry about that, I had to pull over the Exclusive bandwagon. You may hop on now. ;) :D

Back