student sent home for wearing distracting shirt to school

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember in highschool a girl wore a very similar shirt to class one day.

But she was hot and the teacher was a male trying to avoid a very uncomfortable conversation, so no one said a word.

You know, a male student could never get away with wearing such a shirt, so neither should a female. Similarly, if she had a shirt that said she enjoyed (male genitalia) it would also not be allowed.

I wonder how comfortable this girl would be if the male teachers wore this shirt at school? After all, free speech is free speech...

Last edited:
You know, a male student could never get away with wearing such a shirt, so neither should a female. Similarly, if she had a shirt that said she enjoyed (male genitalia) it would also not be allowed.

I wonder how comfortable this girl would be if the male teachers wore this shirt at school? After all, free speech is free speech...

Hogwash! There is free speech, then there is abusing free speech. And something called tact... and people need to apply that more. I think it's lame to bring up free speech in this. It's called respect. Respect for others and yourself. Also, it's called a filter and common sense. Use it.

Hogwash! There is free speech, then there is abusing free speech. And something called tact... and people need to apply that more. I think it's lame to bring up free speech in this. It's called respect. Respect for others and yourself. Also, it's called a filter and common sense. Use it.

Did you perhaps miss his point. I think thats what he was saying essentially.

Sorry, I was joking. I should have made that more clear, and thought it would be when you look at my first post in this thread as well.
My point was that if this girl has the right of free speech to wear this shirt, then so does everyone else, which causes things to snowball out of control, and leads to racial slurs on shirts and maybe live sex demonstration in sexed class like in Monty Python's The meaning of Life. It's a very slippery slope.

That is the stupidest shirt I have ever seen for a kid to wear. It's funny if you're 21. But a jr. high school kid wearing that? "mom" needs her head examined. :doh

That is the stupidest shirt I have ever seen for a kid to wear. It's funny if you're 21. But a jr. high school kid wearing that? "mom" needs her head examined. :doh

Apparently this girl just found Nemo and wants to tell everyone how excited she is about it.

No, there isn't.

Yes there is.

Freedom of speech does not protect you from criticism about demonstrating a complete lack of class.

Yes, from a legal standpoint she has every right to wear that shirt. However that does not make it any less crude or offensive, and completly inappropriate attire for a student at a middle school.

Back