Stripped Screw on Hot Toys Kylo Ren Arm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce_brucee02

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I received my HT Kylo Ren from a local distributor yesterday, and accidentally stripped the screw on the light up saber arm, while trying to open the battery compartment. The screw was so tightly screwed, that I ended up damaging the screw and have no way to open the battery compartment, without damaging the arm now. I tried contacting Hot toys and our local distributor, but am not sure if I'm allowed to get a replacement part, because I was the one who damaged the screw in the first place. Any advice on what I could do?

Couldn't you get a screwdriver/knife and break the plastic to the left of the screw. You then could just put tape around to secure it once the batteries are in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No, don't break the plastic. Drill out the screw. If you had any tooth left on the screw you could take it to a jeweller or optometrist, but it looks too far gone for that.

I'm with Lejuan, just drill it out. That or get a replacement on eBay.

Same thing happened to mine. The screw they used is a piece of ****. I haven't fixed it yet but just plan on drilling out the screw. With how messed up the head is, there's no way you're going to get it unscrewed.

Thanks for the advice guys! I have no experience with a dremel though, so I'm pretty scared of messing things up if I do it. I was able to contact our distributor here, and he said that he will ask hot toys. So I have a bit of optimism now.

Same thing happened to mine. The screw they used is a piece of ****. I haven't fixed it yet but just plan on drilling out the screw. With how messed up the head is, there's no way you're going to get it unscrewed.

I agree with you. They should have used a better screw, given the price point of the figure. I applaud all the other people who were able to get it out with no issues though :lol would an issue like this be any help in getting a replacement part from hot toys? We didn't technically break the figure, and I don't want to spend eBay prices on getting a replacement :(

You could try filling the screw hole with super glue and then place a smaller hard object in the centre. Wait for the super glue to harden and then use the small hard object to loosen the screw

Theres real not much holding the panel down on the side opposite to the screw. Pry there and gently work the screw loose as the panel wiggles and turns..

You could try filling the screw hole with super glue and then place a smaller hard object in the centre. Wait for the super glue to harden and then use the small hard object to loosen the screw

Thanks! I think this could be a viable option. any suggestion on what material to use for the small hard object?

Back