Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is getting alot of buzz the creators deserve the attention its very well made.

Is it supposed to be like an ongoing series with seasons of if they make more?

I thought it was like a film and not a series

That's cool, I thought it was gonna be like a movie

Much better as an ongoing series even if they are back to back, I prefer it that way :lol

They can flesh more out and if they carry on the way they started, it will be a hard thing to top

That's cool, I thought it was gonna be like a movie

Much better as an ongoing series even if they are back to back, I prefer it that way :lol

They can flesh more out and if they carry on the way they started, it will be a hard thing to top

Yeah, they did that with second season of Mortal Kombat.

Apparently, it will eventually be edited into a feature length movie for the dvd/blu-ray release though due to the episodic nature of this series, it might not flow as well as a conventional movie.

Just finished the series, oh man it is AWESOME! Not that there's much out there but this is certainly the BEST live-action adaption of Street Fighter and it goes STRAIGHT to what SF is about; the Story of Ryu & Ken! The character portrayals were great, the script and dialogue flowed well and it was paced perfectly and not overburdened by the transition from the past to present and back again. Excellent flow. Amazing work by Joey Ansah and his entire cast and crew!!!

I hope they do another season. Given that Ken and Ryu are embarking on their warrior's pilgrimage, it should be reason enough for them to start encountering the other Street Fighters, as well as learn how the world is affected by Shadoloo and Bison.

Just finished the series, oh man it is AWESOME! Not that there's much out there but this is certainly the BEST live-action adaption of Street Fighter and it goes STRAIGHT to what SF is about; the Story of Ryu & Ken! The character portrayals were great, the script and dialogue flowed well and it was paced perfectly and not overburdened by the transition from the past to present and back again. Excellent flow. Amazing work by Joey Ansah and his entire cast and crew!!!

I hope they do another season. Given that Ken and Ryu are embarking on their warrior's pilgrimage, it should be reason enough for them to start encountering the other Street Fighters, as well as learn how the world is affected by Shadoloo and Bison.

Yup, just finished it as well. I hope it gets enough attention and then awarded with a bigger budget. And more time for Mike Moh to get shredded. :lol Seriously, the martial arts choreography was real great. Seeing dragon punches got me giddy.

I liked the fact that Ryu wasn't shredded like Ken and was a bit stocky. Makes sense, since he's the physically stronger of the two.

I just finished watching season one and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I really like how SFAF doesn't rush into trying to fit in a bunch of characters. To me, the main strength of season one is the way we see the history of Gouken and Gouki/Akuma in order to understand Ansatsuken's significance as well as the role shared by Ryu and Ken as the inheritors of the martial art. Ryu and Ken are normally criticized for being boring and "vanilla" characters. I feel that season one has given the characters a bit more depth.

I really enjoyed the fight coreography. It was dynamic and incorporated signature movements from the games without being too goofy. I also like how the actors were athletic in physique. I know the character designs from the games are extremely muscular but Moh and Howard looked convincing as young martial artists secluded in rural Japan for over a decade for old school martial art training instead of guys from a city who work out on weights as much as they train in martial arts.

I hope that SFAF gets renewed for a second season. Joey Ansah apparently said he would like to look at Chun-Ali and Guile as the main characters of season two. Scott Adkins was said to be someone Ansah would like to see in the role of Guile.

Back