Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I really hope they do another project after this, around Street Fighter II.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It was very well done and very much in the SF lore. I preordered the new Ryu PCS statue yesterday

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm staying out the statue game, I did however get that 1/6 Akuma which kicks major ass. I'm dying for them to put Ryu or Ken up for order.

The Akuma does look bad ass

When the kidslogic Ryu goes up for order I'll get both of them

It's actually my first ever statue. I just really like the stance pose and even the heads good considering it's SF4 design

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm staying out the statue game, I did however get that 1/6 Akuma which kicks major ass. I'm dying for them to put Ryu or Ken up for order.

the creator wants to do alot with this wants to introduce bison and shadowloo hoping it happens.

I think this series, while great in my opinion, shows why a fighting game like Street Fighter is better off without a hollywood movie. Certain things like the signature moves and bouncing fight stances scream camp at times. I dont see the possibility of putting a reasonable story that brings justice to every character in a 2 hour movie either. Critics and average movie goers would likely bash the hell out of a property like this, while hardcore fans may fully embrace it.

As a casual fan of SF, from Genesis and SNES days, I fawking loved this. I really hope there is more to come, I thought it meshed "real" with fantasy really well. And not being familiar with Akuma story line, the series was the biggest cawk tease ever! :lol....Anti-climactic would be an understatement. Really hope this gets a long running series going.

And Ryu need to hit the weights.

As a casual fan of SF, from Genesis and SNES days, I fawking loved this. I really hope there is more to come, I thought it meshed "real" with fantasy really well. And not being familiar with Akuma story line, the series was the biggest cawk tease ever! :lol....Anti-climactic would be an understatement. Really hope this gets a long running series going.

And Ryu need to hit the weights.

It was seriously bugging me how much bigger and cut Ken was compared to him. Ryu was like the least muscular guy in it :lol

It was the same thing in this, different actor playing Ryu but it's the same Ken.

That was some great film adaptation from a game, really wanted to pick up a SF game from PSN right away after finishing it.
As awesome as it is, I didn't like how they ended the first season at all (but this would be an ok ending for a comic book ver.)
and most Shoryuken move felt corny to me :lol

He's have to be at least 6'6 :lol

Definitely not a Thai :lol

Assassin's Fist was amazing! Even people who aren't fans of the game can watch it and still be entertained and engrossed. The story and characters were fleshed out extremely well.

This is physical proof that video game movies can be good so long as the right people come along with the passion to do them justice! The only major gripe I had was how it abruptly and very suddenly ends on a cliffhanger.

885893_10203976142063205_5038409235689477677_o.jpg

Yeah there is a lot of campy things in it, but I don't mind it at all. No one can really complain when they stayed very true to the material.

I first thought Ryu was a little small, but then realized this was Alpha Ryu where he is a little smaller than he was in SFII. Akuma was the most perfect casting choice in all the history of comic and game adaptation. He looked like he walked right out of the game.

In several interviews it's mentioned that because of their limited budget and time that Mike Moh had less time to get bulkier. Christian Howard (Ken) and Joey Ansah (Akuma) were already somewhat bulky and in great shape before they filmed whereas Mike Moh was thin before filming, so he had quite a bit of catching up to do. Christian focused on getting more cut and Joey focused on getting even bulkier.

cf23d291f15940df1ed52df92f50ee9d.wix_mp_512

Did anyone notice the actor who played young Gouken looked more like adult Akuma, and young Gouki looked more like adult Gouken? I wonder if the roles were switched last minute.

Back