Story About Pippin Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RoboDad said:
Sooo... The truth finally comes out! You personally requested this version! AHA! Now we can all blame you for it!
:wacky

So you must work for the press then. Twisting my words. :p I wanted a Hobbit Clothed Pip as much as the next guy or gal.

RoboDad said:
I can think of three reasons why the Pippin statue isn't sold out. First, many people just don't like pose at all. Nothing to do with the Fellowship/Gondor issue, they just feel that the look on his face doesn't work for them. Second, quite a few people (more than I think you realize) really wanted a Fellowship Pippin, and no other version would satisfy them. And when I say "Fellowship Pippin," I simply mean a version that is from the same stage of the journey as the other three hobbit statues, nothing more. A lot of people feel this way. And third, the ES was too high for a hobbit statue. It should have been 1500. I remain absolutely confident that a well-sculpted Fellowship Pippin statue (the right pose, the right expression, etc) with an ES of 1500 would have sold out in days, if not hours.

Of course, having said all that, but being the completist/OCD/poly-addict that I am, as I sit here, I can look across the room at my Pippin statue, which I wouldn't part with for anything. :D

Well, for a lot of people, that statement is absolutely true. ;)

Wow that's really well written I totally agree with you said.

jlcmsu said:
Don't say that you'll just give him a big head. :p
Too late!

1.gif

FrodoEyes said:
Yeah....I dunno, I believe them on why they chose Gondorian Pip, don't see why they would lie about it...

I don't think their article is a lie at all and that's not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth. They probably believe what's in it. I was just saying that there must be a substantial amount of collectors that were upset over the decision that's why the article was written. If nobody cared, they wouldn't have written it.

Fritz said:
Plus, I think it's supposed to be displayed with the RWoS. ;)

Naw, that looks even worse........... :sick

I agree that a Fellowship Pip would have looked awesome, byt this is what they gave us...........

If nobody cared, they wouldn't have written it.

Good point....................

Fritz said:
I don't think their article is a lie at all and that's not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth. They probably believe what's in it. I was just saying that there must be a substantial amount of collectors that were upset over the decision that's why the article was written. If nobody cared, they wouldn't have written it.

I wasnt putting words in anyones mouth, infact my post wasn't even in response to you. I didn't say anyone said the word 'lie', I thought other people meant that Sideshow had just made this story up to try and silence a few doubters, that's all, sorry. I maybe should have said that yes, theyve released this now because of all the Pippin debate and also to try to sell it, but that I also believed in why they chose a Gondorian Pip.... :google :sick

Also I love Pippin next to the Ringwraith. If you had Gandalfax there too, then you could keep the Gandy vs Wraith dark/light comparison aswell as keeping Gandalfax and Pippin together, while also having the added bonus of the hobbits fear or the ringwraiths from FOTR!

GrueSam said:
Matt, I just want to clarify that it was not SSW's decision, but New Line's.

Thanks, I have heard both that SSW called the shots and that NL did, but thanks for pointing that out. :angelsmil

FrodoEyes said:
I wasnt putting words in anyones mouth, infact my post wasn't even in response to you. I didn't say anyone said the word 'lie', I thought other people meant that Sideshow had just made this story up to try and silence a few doubters, that's all, sorry...

Ok, carry on then. :wave At least you didn't say anything about me spelling among wrong. :duh

Back