STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine in on Friday, I had no issues with breakage, buy my outer box had been torn and retaped together very poorly. The inner box was torn on the top to match the external damage and is definitely not collector friendly now and that will hurt any resale options. As has been mentioned, the base was external from the figure box with the figure box having extremely inadequate packing. My pieces had fallen all over the place inside, but again - no damage. I think it was just sheer luck but SST needs to get this addressed in future releases, now onto the piece itself.

Once I had it assembled - I liked it, I don't love it as it just does not stand out like I expected a 1/4 scale Stormie to do. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
  • Its a StormTrooper, the most iconic science fiction soldier figure of all time IMO.
  • The plastic they used for the armor is finished in a glossy paint that looks dead on to me - the guy shines in all his Imperial blaster retardant finery.
  • The paint apps are good, just a little off the helmet area where its black on mine below the "mouth", but otherwise very good.
  • The stance works and matches the clone PF's stance if you have that one too.
CONS:
  • When I compare this PF to others, the Stormie looks a little too big, specially next to the clone PF which makes display options close together a little less appealing.
  • There are no display options, no different blaster, no different helmet, no Luke or Han head to exchange, nada. I knew this going in, but when I had him in hand - I just can't imagine why SST wouldn't have thrown something along those lines in with it.
  • Although the head moves back and forth, it is nothing like the clone, so there are no display options here pose wise either - boring.
  • The base is too big and way too cheaply made - it's hollow and does not give me a comfortable feeling knowing that something that weighs maybe a pound is holding up a $300 investment. Plus, its just not good looking in my opinion and the foot peg fits loosely on mine.
  • The helmet looks off to me, I know there is a lot of difference of opinions on this, but in person it just does not look right.
All in all, I almost sent it back, from the ridiculous packing to the cheap base and inaccurate helmet - it just leaves me a little ticked off at SST's quality to price ratio. I decided to keep it though... seeing I got the clone exclusive PF just to have the three main clone variants in 1/4. For a Stormie fan like me to come close to sending it back - I have to say that if you are on the fence with this one - skip it for now and revisit it in a year or two for secondary market deals or trades.

[*]There are no display options, no different blaster, no different helmet, no Luke or Han head to exchange, nada. I knew this going in, but when I had him in hand - I just can't imagine why SST wouldn't have thrown something along those lines in with it.

That would have been a awesome exclusive version! Why SS why?:dunno

Yeah, as soon as I had the thing all together all I could think was how awesome a good Harrison Ford sculpt would look on it... :gah:

You could break the head of the Indiana Jones Raiders PF and put it on the stormie...
The only weird thing would be the fedora looking weird :lol
1630657bJPG.jpg

Thanks for the review. I was on the fence with this one, but I will skip it and wait for something better down the line.

I got mine in on Friday, I had no issues with breakage, buy my outer box had been torn and retaped together very poorly. The inner box was torn on the top to match the external damage and is definitely not collector friendly now and that will hurt any resale options. As has been mentioned, the base was external from the figure box with the figure box having extremely inadequate packing. My pieces had fallen all over the place inside, but again - no damage. I think it was just sheer luck but SST needs to get this addressed in future releases, now onto the piece itself.

Once I had it assembled - I liked it, I don't love it as it just does not stand out like I expected a 1/4 scale Stormie to do. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
  • Its a StormTrooper, the most iconic science fiction soldier figure of all time IMO.
  • The plastic they used for the armor is finished in a glossy paint that looks dead on to me - the guy shines in all his Imperial blaster retardant finery.
  • The paint apps are good, just a little off the helmet area where its black on mine below the "mouth", but otherwise very good.
  • The stance works and matches the clone PF's stance if you have that one too.
CONS:
  • When I compare this PF to others, the Stormie looks a little too big, specially next to the clone PF which makes display options close together a little less appealing.
  • There are no display options, no different blaster, no different helmet, no Luke or Han head to exchange, nada. I knew this going in, but when I had him in hand - I just can't imagine why SST wouldn't have thrown something along those lines in with it.
  • Although the head moves back and forth, it is nothing like the clone, so there are no display options here pose wise either - boring.
  • The base is too big and way too cheaply made - it's hollow and does not give me a comfortable feeling knowing that something that weighs maybe a pound is holding up a $300 investment. Plus, its just not good looking in my opinion and the foot peg fits loosely on mine.
  • The helmet looks off to me, I know there is a lot of difference of opinions on this, but in person it just does not look right.
All in all, I almost sent it back, from the ridiculous packing to the cheap base and inaccurate helmet - it just leaves me a little ticked off at SST's quality to price ratio. I decided to keep it though... seeing I got the clone exclusive PF just to have the three main clone variants in 1/4. For a Stormie fan like me to come close to sending it back - I have to say that if you are on the fence with this one - skip it for now and revisit it in a year or two for secondary market deals or trades.

I will most likely pick this up when the price goes down as it sits on the shelves of retailers since it is limited edition and not sold out.

Alter-Ego has it for $269 and I could use my rewards points toward it, which will take it down to $253.

Better than paying a full $299 at SSC, which doesn't include shipping.

I just bought my Stormie from BBTS, and used my store credit. Only paid $16 for him. :yess:

I was just looking over some photos to see all the Stormie helmet variants, here's an interesting shot from the ESB suits, notice the difference in height of the black trim line on the helmets from the eyes...

stormf.png

Back