Stormtrooper Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it sounds like I may have found an unbelievable deal on some armor.

Oh yeah!

Stormtrooper.gif

Might look good in the photos, but BE CAREFUL who you buy from. Some makers are a lot more caring in how they produce their armor than others.

The other thing is the thickness/type of plastic. ABS is the best and the thicker the better.

A decent set of uncut armor runs at least $600+ from recollection. I have a set of OSCS Clone Trooper armor and that stuff is no joke. Superior grade ABS and great detail. Bought it from another member on a replica board who didn't end up using theirs, still uncut, but would have run me about $1000 but got a good deal for a few hundred less.

Also bought an MR EPIII bucket that I will be customizing.

Sure maybe your family or friends won't notice imperfections, but at the end of the day the one person who wants it to be perfect is YOU, so make sure you know what branding the replica armor came from and know who your vendor is that you're buying from. Some of these guys have horrible reputations for quality. Remember, stuff might look good in a small digital photo, but better know from others what the stuff looks like in person. I've seen some pretty bad sets.

Just sayin' usually you get what you pay for with regards to armor suits.

Go on to whitearmor and look at the top thread and buy a set of FX for him.
Flea bay its a crap shoot 50% of the time. FX armor is fan made armor it looks ok. The helmet is redonkaka id buy a MR CE to replace the FX helmet. It looks like a bobble head.

Or if you can track down a set of AP or TE2 armor thats the stuff casted off ANH molds.
I have a set of AP and its sexzy....

I dont get how this seller says Made in the UK NOT CHINA!!!, yet item location states: Thailand...

Thanks for the lookout Shalamar!

Ben checkin out whitearmor and 501st.

I was reading some of the responses by event co-ordinators that had the 501st at their event. I had no idea, but visiting the sick kids in costume to brighten their day, and take their minds off their ailments would be a great feeling.

I initially wanted a quick fix, but now I'm looking forward to doing the research and not just rushing out and getting something.

Shropt might be down as well.....

I checked 501 to see if they had a calendar with some local events (orlando, central FL) but didnt see anything.

Got any ideas?

Join the formums for the Garrison (If you can) I also know that the Florida Garrison is heavily involved with Disneys Star Wars weekends...

As stated earlier I found an amazing deal on stormtrooper FX armor and I took it.

I'd say if you have the hankering to get armor then GO FOR IT. Even my wife who is really not a SW freak thinks it looks cool on.

The stuff is REALLY hot and takes a little getting used to. I have a lot of respect for guys who troop in this gear for a few hours.

So here's the deal. I got a set of already assembled FX armor with a modified helmet minus hand pieces and the shoulder straps. Also included was an amazingly accurate pair of shoes (that were too small), leather holster and what appears to be a busted resin kit rifle. The rifle is super heavy and has a working stock.

Here are the unfutzed photos. Mind you this photo was taken immediately upon arriving at home and I haven't resized anything. Also I'm missing the shoulder pieces so I have string holding the chest piece on.

stormme.jpg

Here is the busted gun:

stormmegun.jpg

And, just because... :)

stormme2.jpg

One last thing that must be stated. My wife totally rocks. She had never seen any Star Wars movie until after we met. She was totally fine with me buying the armor and even drove with me over an hour and a half to go to some random guy's house and pick up the armor. How I met someone like her and got her to marry me I will never understand. :)

WOW!

Way to go Jay!

I cant wait to hear all the details!

Yeah, sounds like you got a good woman!

Mrs. Took is the same way...She chuckled a little at first, but then again so did I!

Check your PM......

Talk soon! Way to GO!

Very awesome Shropt!

Your wife sounds kinda like mine. Its always good to find ones that understand the things us guys "need"

Looking good. Hook up with your local 501'st, and they'll help you fix up the armor. Stormtrooper armor isn't too bad to troop in. Get yourself some Underarmor. Heat Gear and Cold gear for different seasons.

I can handle about 2 hours in my Vader before I really need a break and need to strip down. Troopers last longer than I can. :)

My wife is also damned cool. When I said I wanted to do Vader, I was initially going to take a Rubies Supreme (ugh) and mod it. Her response was 'If you're going to do it, do it right'. And she even helped make the soft parts!

Back