Stormtrooper Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool_of_a_took!

Super Freak
Reaction score
Good day all!

Can anyone tell I watched SW over the weekend!!!??? And its got me palms all sweaty for SW stuff!!!

Anyone here made or bought fan made armor? Just now starting to get a little educated on the different types.

Anyone seen this on Ebay?
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280312796074

This "looks" like a pretty decent setup at a very resonable price. He's pumpin these things out and getting good feedback.
When you look at his feedback, all the "armor" auctions are private. Only the auctions for the neck seals, are you able to view the item.
Does anyone have any insight to this guy or those tactics?
And, I'm surprised Lucasarts isnt all over'em.

Any ideas?

The helmet is horriblly inaccurate but I believe the rest of the FX armor is pretty good.

Is it screen accurate? No

Will your friends or family notice? No :)

Right you are!

Thanks for the post -

Do you own armor?

Not 100%, but not a G either!

I may need to get more active at rebelscum for these types of questions. This is my primary hangout so figured I see what people know!

Thanks!

Right you are!

Thanks for the post -

Do you own armor?

Not 100%, but not a G either!

I may need to get more active at rebelscum for these types of questions. This is my primary hangout so figured I see what people know!

Thanks!

No, not yet. I've been researching armor for probably 4 years in preperation.

There is ANH accurate armor out there but it costs more than the FX. You need to weigh how much building the armor would cost you. Sometimes you can find a complete built FX suit with undersuit and accesories for about $700 and it's almost worth the extra few hundreds to have it ready to go.

The downside of prebuilt armor is that it may not fit you right out of the box either. Building your own suit is a badge of honor and will ensure that it fits to your liking.

Now if I can just get myself to spend the money... :(

It is the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment that you seek:

www.whitearmor.net

A note: Go in, ask questions, and above all, learn all there is to know about Stormtrooper armor. Do NOT ask where you can buy a set. But people there are VERY knowledgeable, and will gently point you in the right direction.

www.whitearmor.net

A note: Go in, ask questions, and above all, learn all there is to know about Stormtrooper armor. Do NOT ask where you can buy a set. But people there are VERY knowledgeable, and will gently point you in the right direction.

Take me to them, will you??

hahah - couldnt resist!

Thanks for the ref. I'll definately check it out.

Thanks for the note!

No, not yet. I've been researching armor for probably 4 years in preperation.

There is ANH accurate armor out there but it costs more than the FX. You need to weigh how much building the armor would cost you. Sometimes you can find a complete built FX suit with undersuit and accesories for about $700 and it's almost worth the extra few hundreds to have it ready to go.

The downside of prebuilt armor is that it may not fit you right out of the box either. Building your own suit is a badge of honor and will ensure that it fits to your liking.

Now if I can just get myself to spend the money... :(

Man, building my own would be something I could definately get into. But I have to work, and we have 2 younglings. So if I waited to build my own I would have to adapt it to a wheelchair!

I have seen complete sets in that range too. Now, if I could only set 700 aside......

www.whitearmor.net

Shalamar! I knew you'd chime in eventually.

Big Question

Do I...

1) Join that forum?
2) Stay married?

Life is full of decisions... :(

Shalamar! I knew you'd chime in eventually.

Big Question

Do I...

1) Join that forum?
Yes. I know many people there. Good folk.

2) Stay married?
Buy her her own set of Stormtrooper armor. Then you can troop together. And freak out women who won't know she's female. :)

Life is full of decisions... :(

And so it is. Alas, I can not make them for you.

Man, building my own would be something I could definately get into. But I have to work, and we have 2 younglings. So if I waited to build my own I would have to adapt it to a wheelchair!

I have seen complete sets in that range too. Now, if I could only set 700 aside......

There is an easy solution for your problem. Contact your local 501'st Garrison. While they won't build a suit for you, if you host an armor party (or 5), offer them pizza and various drinks, they would more than likely be willing to visit, and help you cut, trim, and fit your new set of armor.

Pics of my armor:
CETRandroom011.jpg

JANGOPICS009.jpg

SERIES6TD-0488-2003.jpg

SERIES6TD-0488025.jpg

SERIES6TD-0488002.jpg

If you like, PM me. I'll give you my number and you can call me about all the armor types.

Yeah I am already a member over there, Darth Girty, found that site thanks to Shalamar. I am not really that tall, there are 2 Vaders in my 501st Garrison who are alot taller, but I can pull it off I think.

Didn't the seller mention that he is in Thailand? You can replicate anything in Thailand.:D

Last edited:
There is an easy solution for your problem. Contact your local 501'st Garrison. While they won't build a suit for you, if you host an armor party (or 5), offer them pizza and various drinks, they would more than likely be willing to visit, and help you cut, trim, and fit your new set of armor.

Thanks alot for that.

Dont know how Mrs. Took react, but thats a great idea.

I will keep that in mind as I learn more about it and get a little closer to making a move.

I just stumbled onto Vaders Fist recently. Their stuff looks awesome!

:drool:drool:drool:drool

Holy smokes TD-0488!!!!

Thanks for the pics and your gracious offer - I will send you a PM fo sho!

That is an incredible collection you have! I bet you have a lot of fun on at Holloween time.

Did you make them all yourself??

Thanks for the lookout Shalamar!

Ben checkin out whitearmor and 501st.

I was reading some of the responses by event co-ordinators that had the 501st at their event. I had no idea, but visiting the sick kids in costume to brighten their day, and take their minds off their ailments would be a great feeling.

I initially wanted a quick fix, but now I'm looking forward to doing the research and not just rushing out and getting something.

Shropt might be down as well.....

I checked 501 to see if they had a calendar with some local events (orlando, central FL) but didnt see anything.

Got any ideas?

Back