Statue Storm Shadow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$300

The exclusive is swap out hands to hold a bow, and look like he is drawing an arrow from the quiver...HOWEVER...the hand that he is drawing the arrow with is the wrong hand, he can't even reach his quiver! Between this major design flaw, and the fact that the sword hands can't be displayed without the claws, I think this is going to be a major pass for me. :(

Fantastic sculpt.... sadly I will pass on it. Hope the PF is as good as this whenever SSC makes it.

are you guys kidding? this is one of the most epic storm shadow, and will look phenomenal next to the snakeeye & timber statue.

$300 is almost a gift given the recent prices sideshow is asking & and all the switchout parts.

Ordered for sure!

Green Arrow's quiver is accessible from both arms, as shown in that picture. Storm Shadow's is only open to one, his left arm.

This is clearly a case of the production team implementing an "exclusive" that obviously wasn't designed from the beginning.

Hell, nunchucks in one hand and a throwing star in the other would have been just as much of an "exclusive" and it would have worked with the limitations of the existing sculpt...

:lecture:lecture:lecture Yep, straight up middle of his back.

Leave it to Sideshow to f'up something like that. Just like the 1/6 figure when they put the sight on the bow for a right handed archer and the hands for a left handed one. Minor oversight, I know, but they accumulate.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Yep, straight up middle of his back.

Leave it to Sideshow to f'up something like that. Just like the 1/6 figure when they put the sight on the bow for a right handed archer and the hands for a left handed one. Minor oversight, I know, but they accumulate.

is the quiver position on the back really a big deal (i am curious). i can understand being hardcore accurate on star war props etc... but an old cartoon character & 90s cheap plastic toy figures?

It just doesn't make sense logically. The fact that the character was originally in a toy line and TV show directed at children doesn't mean something that makes no sense should be acceptable as a high end, adult-targeted statue. This isn't placement of some wires on a Star Wars robot. This is a guy reaching for something he's gonna have a very difficult time getting.

is the quiver position on the back really a big deal (i am curious). i can understand being hardcore accurate on star war props etc... but an old cartoon character & 90s cheap plastic toy figures?

It wouldnt be if, he was doing something else. Like the pose with the sword, no cares where the quiver is positioned because its not part of the action. But with the bow and reaching for an arrow, the quiver becomes a central point of what he is doing. It just doesnt make sense.

Normally I would say no big deal. But in the context of a non-poseable statue with the alternate bow hands being the manufacturer's "exclusive", then yeah, it's kind of frustrating that they would take the time to develop that and not pay attention to details like the quiver position.

On top of the fact that the sword hands apparently are forced to be displayed with claws means that I can't have a classic Storm Shadow look without having to get past the quiver issue.

maybe he already shot the arrow :dunno
Still a buy for me, if it really bugs me I am sure it can come off easy, most likely will be a separate piece that I can rework to position differently. Overall a great piece wish the claws were removable though.

maybe he already shot the arrow :dunno
Still a buy for me, if it really bugs me I am sure it can come off easy, most likely will be a separate piece that I can rework to position differently. Overall a great piece wish the claws were removable though.

How did he get the arrow to shot?:dunno

are you guys kidding? this is one of the most epic storm shadow, and will look phenomenal next to the snakeeye & timber statue.

$300 is almost a gift given the recent prices sideshow is asking & and all the switchout parts.

Ordered for sure!

Well $300 is really not a gift.....$250 yes!

How did he get the arrow to shot?:dunno

You don't think he can grab the arrow? Try to position your right arm like that, I would think it's not that hard to grab those arrows. And maybe he wants to pratice to stretch his arm muscles :lol

51eus5.jpg

Anyway the position of the quiver doesn't bother me, he is an awesome statue regardless, and can't wait to put him next to snake eyes&timber statue.

Wow both his arms came out the same color! What a surprise! :lol

Looks pretty good. Quiver position does seem strange, but other than that looks like a hit.

You don't think he can grab the arrow? Try to position your right arm like that, I would think it's not that hard to grab those arrows. And maybe he wants to pratice to stretch his arm muscles :lol

51eus5.jpg

Anyway the position of the quiver doesn't bother me, he is an awesome statue regardless, and can't wait to put him next to snake eyes&timber statue.

Nope. Maybe the first one.:dunno

I still dont know why they even made the quiver crossing the strap in the first place. Most, if not all, quivers are attached at the top and bottom not sideways in the middle. That's SS for you.

220px-StormshadowCobra.jpg

Looks GREAT. Just not sure if I want to spend 300 bucks on it. Do these things typically go down in price? I never bought a Sideshow piece...EVER.

Back