Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be an A list character it needs to be recognizable to the general public who knows nothing about comics. A lot of people would not know who Storm is.

No more or less than someone like Thor. But if you only include Marvel women, she's probably the most recognizable Marvel female to the general public, which was my original point.

No more or less than someone like Thor. But if you only include Marvel women, she's probably the most recognizable Marvel female to the general public, which was my original point.

Exactly! I understand both of what you and VS are saying. If you put together all of the Marvel characters, including Thor and Hulk and Spidey and Wolverine, then I would consider her B list. However, if you were to put together the women of Marvel, she is the top of the A list for sure.

To me, Storm is to Marvel like Wonder Woman is to DC; the top female they have! Now, some people may argue Jean Grey is, but I guarantee if you put a photo of Jean Grey and a photo of Storm in front of the general public, more people would know who Storm is.

Well, it's all about visual appearance and recognizability. A character may very well be the "lead" woman, but if she doesn't have any distinct visual characteristics... Then she'll have a hard time being recognized by the general public.

Storm is a B-lister IMO. To compare her to Thor(movie or not) is just insane and a bit of a reach. This is a easy pass for me, but congrats to those who have been waiting on a Storm.

Marvels first lady is Sue Richards. I don't agree with that but it's what Marvel says. I also think Emma and Mystique got big bumps because of the movies and running around half nekkid.

Storm is a B-lister IMO. To compare her to Thor(movie or not) is just insane and a bit of a reach. This is a easy pass for me, but congrats to those who have been waiting on a Storm.

Then I'll be insane. I've been worse :). To the general public who doesn't care about comics, the name "Thor" doesn't even carry the same weight as the name "Hercules". In the comics its the opposite.

Marvels first lady is Sue Richards. I don't agree with that but it's what Marvel says. I also think Emma and Mystique got big bumps because of the movies and running around half nekkid.

All true. I agree with Marvel, Sue should be first lady, but I don't think she has Storm's star power with the general public.
You're right about Mystique and Emma too but I ask fans of the movies and most people don't even realize that Emma in Wolverine Origins and Emma in First Class are interpretations of the same character.

Gotta give credit to Dave Cockrum. Marvel said they didn't like a black woman with white hair because it made her look like a grandma. His response was "trust me". All of his X-Men had very distinct, unmistakable appearances.

Storm was chosen as Marvel's top chick to fight Wonder Woman back in the Marvel vs. D.C. run. How could she be a B-lister, especially considering that her fight with Wonder Woman, D.C.'s top chick, was one of the main five matches that fans could vote on out of the thirteen that happened? Hell, she even wont the fight for some stupid reason.

Like I said before, Storm is to Marvel what Wonder Woman is to DC :wink1:

P.S. And I'm not surprised Storm won! :wave

To be an A list character it needs to be recognizable to the general public who knows nothing about comics. A lot of people would not know who Storm is.

Err, NO!

A List means they get more page time, book appearances & stories or backstory than other characters, what you said only applies to movie adaptions.

Wait, you ordered her VS?? I thought you said she was horrible??

BTW, EX ordered for me. I almost want to order two so I can display each with a different hand and face.

I disagree. The Invisible Woman is probably the most recognizable.

Back