Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.what the hell is wrong with her eyes...:monkey4

stormpfssc300100press05.jpg

Well, lighting and the right angle can do worlds of difference.

That, and this, too:

I don't know if these are decals, but on the pic above, her right eye seems to have a little bit more of white below the iris than the left one. It does not make her look cross-eyed at all (leave that to SSC's Chinese workers), but it does make her look a little goggle-eyed, and all because of that iris placement.

Also, notice there is no profile pic from her right angle for the reg portrait.

Just try covering her right eye up with a finger: she's a beauty goddess, but that iris (paint job, whatever) detracts somewhat from the overall looks. And I'm afraid the production pieces may be worse in that respect, with SSC's long history of inexplicably clumsy eyes placement.

Still, I'm so getting this.

Yeah, I won't post it a third time, I swear.

People rarely listen to these rants of mine, but symmetry in the white parts is everything. This is not a terrible example by any means, but it still looks off imo. Too much white under her right eye. At least on these pics. And the paint job down there is a bit weird, too.

But, again, it's a buy.

I think we've judged her a little too harshly; as you can see the face sculpt not that bad when the photo is in HD..though the paint app is terrible...what the hell is wrong with her eyes...:monkey4

stormpfssc300100press05.jpg

That paint is so misleading. It looks like she has thick eyeliners. This has potential to be like Rogue.:horror

Doubtful . . . The blue eyes may be a worry but she doesn't have black hooker eyeshadow (which Sideshow factory workers obviously can't blend), and if they google up the regular head I can just paint those eyes white too!

That paint is so misleading. It looks like she has thick eyeliners. This has potential to be like Rogue.:horror

Agreed.

Doubtful . . . The blue eyes may be a worry but she doesn't have black hooker eyeshadow (which Sideshow factory workers obviously can't blend), and if they google up the regular head I can just paint those eyes white too!

The Rogue prototype didn't have the heavy black eyeliner either and look how those production pieces turned out.

Bookmarked these quotes for when she is released.

Agreed.

The Rogue prototype didn't have the heavy black eyeliner either and look how those production pieces turned out.

Bookmarked these quotes for when she is released.

LOL, bookmark all you want. All I am saying is that I'm trying to remain positive rather than being negative and a downer for the next 9 months. There are plenty of people here that seem to liken EVERY SINGLE NEW RELEASE to Rogue, and it gets old.

The Storm comiquette just came out, and while she's not my cup of tea due to the pose and the mohawk, her paint came out great, especially her face. She has great eyes, great eyeshadow that's not overdone, eyeliner that is very well done, and great lips.

So, you guys can keep harping on the negative, but don't try and bring others down that are happy about this piece.

LOL, bookmark all you want. All I am saying is that I'm trying to remain positive rather than being negative and a downer for the next 9 months. There are plenty of people here that seem to liken EVERY SINGLE NEW RELEASE to Rogue, and it gets old.

The Storm comiquette just came out, and while she's not my cup of tea due to the pose and the mohawk, her paint came out great, especially her face. She has great eyes, great eyeshadow that's not overdone, eyeliner that is very well done, and great lips.

So, you guys can keep harping on the negative, but don't try and bring others down that are happy about this piece.

tumblr_lininv2N6v1qd1uwa.gif

The Storm comiquette is not great. It's actually a very boring looking statue. I don't necessary think everything is compared to Rogue but what I am more worried about is the inconsistency of paint App and QC.

The Storm comiquette is not great. It's actually a very boring looking statue. I don't necessary think everything is compared to Rogue but what I am more worried about is the inconsistency of paint App and QC.

I said the paint on the Storm comiquette came out great. I also said she was not the Storm I wanted because of the pose and mohawk. But, of the pictures that I have seen, her paint looks very good, and we all know that pictures are always worse than how you see a statue in person, so that tells me the paint is even better in person.

I said the paint on the Storm comiquette came out great. I also said she was not the Storm I wanted because of the pose and mohawk. But, of the pictures that I have seen, her paint looks very good, and we all know that pictures are always worse than how you see a statue in person, so that tells me the paint is even better in person.

Sorry when I said "not great" I meant the paint app was lacking. It's a very dull looking statue in person. It doesn't help the base has a very flat color also. Don't get me wrong, the paint job they did is good but the color choice or finish could had been better. The colors needed to pop out but it does not.

Ok, and I guess I can see what you mean on the outfit all being one shade of black. I was more referring to the way they did the skin and the face, and I think the face is painted very nicely. She looks nothing like Rogue, with the wonky google eyes and horrible hooker eyeshadow. That's all I was trying to point out. :peace

:lol Great, but don't try and bring others up that are not happy about this piece.

Also, I don't consider myself a negative person just because I don't like this piece. Art is subjective. I am taking a realistic approach when I think that the production pieces will not look as good as the prototype piece and if I already don't like the prototype piece, odds are I will like the production pieces even less.

None of my comments were had any intention to "bring you up" on the piece. I could care LESS what you love or what you don't, or if you choose to buy or not. I love it, you don't, but it's always the same people that harp on the same negative comments over and over and over. Once you've made your point 5 times, I think it's safe to assume that we ALL get it.

Due to SSC recent QC and artistic interpretations (rogue and iceman) some customers are now expecting the worse. IMO SSC has gone cheap they are not producing marvel pf like they use to (ex. Cap, Thor, Spiderman, gambit and doom). In addition to creating lack luster PFs and Comiquettes the prices continue to go up. I find it unusual for SSC to produce a Storm that's not even Jim Lee version from a mkt and financial pov they would have sold more JL Storm than this black panther companion bc they have already establish a Jim lee pf line and some collectors like to complete lines.

Luckily for us collectors we have a forum like sccfreaks to voice our opinions. So to those who will be getting this pf congrats and for us who will past here's to hoping for a Jim Lee version.

Due to SSC recent QC and artistic interpretations (rogue and iceman) some customers are now expecting the worse. IMO SSC has gone cheap they are not producing marvel pf like they use to (ex. Cap, Thor, Spiderman, gambit and doom). In addition to creating lack luster PFs and Comiquettes the prices continue to go up. I find it unusual for SSC to produce a Storm that's not even Jim Lee version from a mkt and financial pov they would have sold more JL Storm than this black panther companion bc they have already establish a Jim lee pf line and some collectors like to complete lines.

Luckily for us collectors we have a forum like sccfreaks to voice our opinions. So to those who will be getting this pf congrats and for us who will past here's to hoping for a Jim Lee version.

Agreed, and I'm also still hoping for a Jim Lee version as well! I will get both.

None of my comments were had any intention to "bring you up" on the piece. I could care LESS what you love or what you don't, or if you choose to buy or not. I love it, you don't, but it's always the same people that harp on the same negative comments over and over and over. Once you've made your point 5 times, I think it's safe to assume that we ALL get it.

And none of my comments were intended to bring you down.

Then why respond to the negativity if you don't care? :dunno

And none of my comments were intended to bring you down.

Then why respond to the negativity if you don't care? :dunno

If you dislike something so much (in this case, the Storm PF), why keep coming back to the thread to keep talking about it? :dunno

Speaking of Jim Lee Storm, I guess we wouldn't see her for another year after this was has shipped. It's going to be a long 1 1/2 years +

Back