Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope we see MKII III Kung Lao.

I forgot how different Kung Lao looked in MK3.

Which Shang Stung do you think we'll get?

MK1

htoSjoY.jpg

MK2

1c4XqX6.jpg

MK3

yHYaGjx.gif

MK1

htoSjoY.jpg

MK2

1c4XqX6.jpg

MK3

yHYaGjx.gif

memebetter.com-20170811152146.jpg

All are great designs. But I'm partial to MKII for nostalgia and MKIII since he looks the most sorcerer he ever did with the face paint. But we need MKI, especially given the ninjas get the looks from that game and we'll get Goro at some point.

I get Scorpion Tuesday which is my first of the line.

I still can't believe Kahn will be out in a few months... with the goddamn throne. That's nuts.

I remember as a kid owning the GI Joe figures based on the films... and I even made my own "Pit" with real nails in it :lol I used like a shoebox or something and colored in blood and stuff in it... I was like 8 years old :lol

TRIPLE POST!

I really hope they do eventually go into the MKIII designs to Trilogy since I LOVE this look for Scorpion. It's always been my favorite design for him.

a7154765be861c17641231c2cdd527d2--scorpion-mortal-kombat-mortal-kombat-x.jpg

Same with Mythologies Sub-Zero. Slightly different than the OG suit, but I like the little detailed editions to it like the mask and shin and forearm guards.

download (1).jpg

I get Scorpion Tuesday which is my first of the line.

I still can't believe Kahn will be out in a few months... with the goddamn throne. That's nuts.

I remember as a kid owning the GI Joe figures based on the films... and I even made my own "Pit" with real nails in it :lol I used like a shoebox or something and colored in blood and stuff in it... I was like 8 years old :lol

:lol I remember those. I loved them. Didn't scorpion actually come with a big black scorpion? :yess:

God I'm getting old... I had all these.

View attachment 359273
View attachment 359274

:lol @ random Guile
Looks like they are all dancing as bad as I dance.
I just cant believe that they wont do a major artbook or character fluff book like Capcom does for Street Fighter and Dark Stalkers. Every year I email they asking if one is coming and they say noop.
At least there is still talk off a reboot movie.

If they do a new movie, it's gotta be a small cast like the original. Trying to stuff too much **** into it at once gives you Annihilation.

MK2

1c4XqX6.jpg

Mk2 was a great game for character designs.
Im stoked SC is doing King of Fighters as well. Im almost tempted to get into street fighter as well now-Sagat and Vega will look great.

If they do a new movie, it's gotta be a small cast like the original. Trying to stuff too much **** into it at once gives you Annihilation.

True the first one was great and even the Conquest tv series was better than Annihilation. Those small episode season 1-2 they did a few years back was pretty good as well, too bad they haven't done anymore.

I have to laugh when you put up Shao Kahn. I had just read my email from bbt about him. I asked if they were getting him soon, and they said they stock most SC stuff so keep a eye out for him.

So none of you guys are worried about the rubber parts on these?

About how long does rubber on figures tend to last before deterioration?

Throne is cool but the figure itself is blegh... :monkey2

You want tiny Kahn :lol

E2VT25s.jpg

So none of you guys are worried about the rubber parts on these?

About how long does rubber on figures tend to last before deterioration?

What rubber parts? It's plastic. The hands are a bit softer, but I've seen that before, and I've never seen any soft rubber hand deterioration.

He's just too bulky... but that's what they went for with all the characters. At least the outfits are accurate.

Kahn does look huge, but I think it fits the character and the MK3 instruction book art as well as the comics, which were illustrated by John Tobias. IMO, the Scorpion and Sub Zero figures don't look that bulky in hand, just more muscular than the actors, but consistent with the art work.

I can see why someone might want figures that look like the in game graphics/actors, but whenever those characters were depicted outside of the games, they always looked larger, so I see the Storm figures as a combination of the comics, original Tobias art with the in game costumes, not a representation of the original actors. Clearly, the Storm figures are their own unique design, but influenced by both the game and the Tobias art.

JnnuyTS.jpg

Back