Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What rubber parts? It's plastic. The hands are a bit softer, but I've seen that before, and I've never seen any soft rubber hand deterioration.

A few Youtube reviewers have said that the vests and hands on SZ and Scorpion are made of a rubber material.

I feel a little bit better after hearing this though...

^@ 2:35

I'm basically looking for any excuse to not buy these expensive mother****ers.:lol

It's starting to look like I may have to though.

You're really way too worried about nothing... these aren't Phicen bodies... all of the PAK figures have rubber on them... and I've never heard of them rotting off :dunno

Yeah, the rubber that smaller figures use isn't rubber like HT or other 1/6 figures use, that is known for deteriorating and cracking.

I have several figures with rubber parts and so far, they all still look like new.

Hell, entire figures are made of rubber at this scale cough ** HASBRO *** cough

Oh btw Sub Zero is back up for PO at BBTS.

You're really way too worried about nothing... these aren't Phicen bodies... all of the PAK figures have rubber on them... and I've never heard of them rotting off :dunno

Yeah, the rubber that smaller figures use isn't rubber like HT or other 1/6 figures use, that is known for deteriorating and cracking.

I have several figures with rubber parts and so far, they all still look like new.

Hell, entire figures are made of rubber at this scale cough ** HASBRO *** cough

Oh btw Sub Zero is back up for PO at BBTS.

Well, $***... guess I'm all in now.

Only getting the characters I want though, not all. Problem is that so far I WANT just about all of the ones announced except for Liu Kang and Mileena/Kitana or whoever that chick is. SZ, Scorpion, Reptile, Baraka, Cyrax, Shao Khan and even the Dragon if it's not too overpriced.

I think I can live without Noob...maybe...:panic:

Want to go pre order them wow special bloody editions already.

raw

I understand the pricing is more or less in line with today's market, but $95 for Shao Kahn? It looks like they used the PCS statue as a sculpt reference, and it costs almost 1/4 the price of the statue. The ninjas are pinheads, and the anatomy isn't on the same tier as PCS.

Prices have crept up too quickly for 1/12 scale.

I understand the pricing is more or less in line with today's market, but $95 for Shao Kahn? It looks like they used the PCS statue as a sculpt reference, and it costs almost 1/4 the price of the statue. The ninjas are pinheads, and the anatomy isn't on the same tier as PCS.

Prices have crept up too quickly for 1/12 scale.

Who cares if it doesn't have the PCS anatomy?

And for Kahn's pricing... he's way bigger than the rest of the line, and you get the throne... so I don't understand why the pricing is an issue. :dunno

1/12 pricing has been going up... since the quality is going up. Just look at Mezco. And $50 for these figures is a bargain considering what else is out there.

And for Kahn's pricing... he's way bigger than the rest of the line, and you get the throne... so I don't understand why the pricing is an issue. :dunno

1/12 pricing has been going up... since the quality is going up. Just look at Mezco. And $50 for these figures is a bargain considering what else is out there.

If my memory of SDCC is correct, Khan seated on his throne is about the size of the Ninja's standing up. He's BIG. So even if he didn't have his throne, he'd probably be $75. $20 for the throne is a steal IMO. Even if you don't use him as a fighter, he makes for a decent representation of the Kahn's arena level diorama. Now if we could just get a chained Sonya and Kano to go with him, that would really sell that stage.

I imagine Goro will be similarly priced to Kahn if he ever surfaces again. Weird he wasn't at SDCC. I'd suggest their license is only for MKII but they've got the Cyborgs in the works and they are MK3. Maybe an old Shang Tsung and Goro would be a future two pack? I really can't think of what might be holding him up so long.

I'm curious as to when they'll get around to doing Smoke now. I'd have personally done him before Noob, but as long as he does make it out (and I don't see how he wouldn't as he is literally just another repaint of the ninjas) it won't matter. It would be cool if they go the extra mile and give is some plastic smoke that can be hugged around him to at least give him a little something more to stand out.

I probably would have snagged the bloody variants if they were a bit bloodier. They're mildly bloody at best. Not really even that great to use as Fatality victims at their current level of bloodiness. I think if they had done the normal figures and extra bloody 'fatality' versions with some fatality options included those would have sold better than the current bloody versions. :dunno

They might have to get approval done for Goro or they could have restarted from scratch.

$95 for a big figure with a throne but yet people still buy hot toys and 50 other variants they have out there of captain America or iron man.

I'm more into statues, so most figures don't impress me all that much sculpturally. The PCS Shao Kahn is a definitive version of the character. The Storm figure looks almost like a perfect scaled-down version of that, which is great, but I don't see the urgency to buy these now, when there's no edition size and a high risk of knock offs, from what I'm seeing already.

If my memory of SDCC is correct, Khan seated on his throne is about the size of the Ninja's standing up. He's BIG. So even if he didn't have his throne, he'd probably be $75. $20 for the throne is a steal IMO. Even if you don't use him as a fighter, he makes for a decent representation of the Kahn's arena level diorama. Now if we could just get a chained Sonya and Kano to go with him, that would really sell that stage.

I imagine Goro will be similarly priced to Kahn if he ever surfaces again. Weird he wasn't at SDCC. I'd suggest their license is only for MKII but they've got the Cyborgs in the works and they are MK3. Maybe an old Shang Tsung and Goro would be a future two pack? I really can't think of what might be holding him up so long.

I'm curious as to when they'll get around to doing Smoke now. I'd have personally done him before Noob, but as long as he does make it out (and I don't see how he wouldn't as he is literally just another repaint of the ninjas) it won't matter. It would be cool if they go the extra mile and give is some plastic smoke that can be hugged around him to at least give him a little something more to stand out.

I probably would have snagged the bloody variants if they were a bit bloodier. They're mildly bloody at best. Not really even that great to use as Fatality victims at their current level of bloodiness. I think if they had done the normal figures and extra bloody 'fatality' versions with some fatality options included those would have sold better than the current bloody versions. :dunno

That's what I'm saying. I was shocked he was only $95, even after finding out he comes with the throne. Goro and possibly Kintaro might be the price of Kahn as well, but they won't be coming with a thrown obviously. But I imagine they would be that much since more goes into them since they have four arms.

I wonder if we would see a Motaro down the line.

As for the bloody versions of the Ninjas... those are just going to sit in warehouses.

I'm still praying for stage dioramas. Especially this...

maxresdefault (1).jpg

They don't need to be full size. Just enough that you can stand two figures on them with a reasonably sized wall panel in the back.

Back