Stinger Driver custom in 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome.

As for the helmet, I've been toying with the idea of using Testor's grey primer and following it with a light gull grey coat or two. Think I have them in the workshop, so if I get a chance this weekend I'll give it a shot and post.

John

Guess what!! AAARRRGGG!!! I ruined my guy again. Tried to re-dye him just a little darker and now he is dark grey. I don't know why I do that stuff! I am going back to square one, bleach it and dye it pearl grey. Hopefully the emblem will withstand all this again, I can tell it is already starting to look worn. This will be the 3rd time it has been bleached and the 3rd time it has been dyed. When all is done, my stinger driver is going to look really worn, which might be pretty cool. I have been thinking about adding some light brown dirt on his boots and uniform. Really want him back to light grey though first. I'm about ready to tape off the emblems and just spray paint that sucker! :) I really liked the color of the primer helmet and want the suit to match. Wanted it just a hair darker than what I had it to begin with. I went way too far on the dye. He actually looks pretty cool, but nothing like a Stinger Driver. Cool idea on your helmet, can't wait to see it. Peace brother

Last edited:
3 things to always go by when dying:

1) Get your dye bath HOT. Nuke it or boil it, but you want it steaming.

2) Wet the fabric you're dying. Warm Water and saturate every little fold and wrinkle.

3) Fresh from the dye bath the material is about 2-4 shades darker than what it'll dry as once rinsed depending on how long you've left it in.

4) (I know I said three) But this one's kind of a gimme, you cannot dye lighter. No black to green, no blue to pink, etc. etc.

If you want a light gull grey your best bet is get the dye bath ready and soak the outfit for less than a minute (asuming it's white-ish). Rinse it, dry it out and see what you have. If you need darker then go again.

id like to see more of what you did with this...
I've actually made one a year or two ago..but didn't like it..so tore it apart..but am now redoing him right...ordered some parts from TA...so as soon as i get them...i'll start...

Back