Stinger Driver custom in 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF5816.jpg

:lol

B86G, that looks like its going to come out great! How did you keep the sigil from molting?

I don't know, I must have gotten lucky. I know I didn't follow the directions on the box of dye. It called for me to boil the water both when you bleach it and dye it. When I bleached it and dyed it I just put it in hot water and stirred it up. Then I put in the uniform. It only set in the grey dye for about a minute. It turned out great. I am putting the gear on right now. I think the color came out perfect. It is slightly darker than Kozins. This figure will be in the works for awhile as I want to make his gear look just like the 3 3/4 figure. With the red pouch and everything. I will try to put on some pics tomorrow to show the color. Nice even grey with no fading on the emblem. I am pretty happy with it. Thanks again Kozin for the great pointers.

https://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/black86gold/DSCF5910.jpg

The uniform did not shrink any. Here is the stinger driver (not finished) with a custom cobra halo jumper. The paint I used on the stinger driver helmet is a little too dark. Also the uniform when fully dried got much lighter than last night. Kozin, did you hand paint the helmet or use spray. I used primer spray, not the right color. Thanks, Chris

Nice job on the uni! It actually looks the same color as mine, as the lighting in your photo is better than mine.

I hand painted the helmet using Games Workshop paints. Had to mix the color so it was a bit trial by error, and it is a little off from the uni.

Great job!

John

Thanks again Kozin for all your help. I am digging this stinger driver project and I would not even come close to making him look like this if you wouldn't have given me all these pointers. Thanks again brother!! I will hand paint the helmet later.

Back