still not got my order from monkey depot..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know these guys are cool, I've ordered a bunch of items from them recently, but something I witnessed over the weekend kinda rubbed me the wrong way. They were selling narrow TrueTypes for $34.95, as I've purchased 3 of them, but when I went back looking for more they were selling them for $44.95, and now they're sold out. Kinda seems like dirty pool to me.

Everybody's sold of out TrueTypes now, kinda sucks.

Ordered from them a lot, never had any issue.

My question is why start a thread if you haven't even tried contacting them yet?

well idid already email them galactic, but didnt hear anything so i emailed them again and got this reply today:

"Hello. This order was sent out on 11/23/09 . Unfortunately, with the shipping method you selected there is no way to track your order. Please note than though transit time is generally between 9-14 days for this method, it may take anywhere between 7-30 days to arrive, as specified on the website. If you are concerned, I recommend checking with your local post office to see if they might be holding it for some reason, and we will let you know if it gets returned to us. Thank you"

it aint worth me ringing, the phone call to them from england will prob cost me more than the item :lol

Sorry, my bad.

From the initial post it sounded like you had not contacted before you started the thread.

I don't think I've had tracking on any orders from them (since I'm cheap) but still haven't had issue with them. Although lately I've ordered more from Toy Anxiety and War Toys as the prices/selection have been a bit more to my liking.

Sorry, my bad.

From the initial post it sounded like you had not contacted before you started the thread.

I don't think I've had tracking on any orders from them (since I'm cheap) but still haven't had issue with them. Although lately I've ordered more from Toy Anxiety and War Toys as the prices/selection have been a bit more to my liking.

no worrys mate, it does sound like that but idid mail them 1st. ill just wait and see if it comes sometime this month.

Why do people order without tracking?

Thats just asking for problems.

and i didnt pay the extra for tracking because it was alot more for me to ship them to me in the uk, so just wasnt worth the total cost. the shippinh with the tracking etc would have prob cost double the price of the actual items them selves.

no worrys mate, it does sound like that but idid mail them 1st. ill just wait and see if it comes sometime this month.

and i didnt pay the extra for tracking because it was alot more for me to ship them to me in the uk, so just wasnt worth the total cost. the shippinh with the tracking etc would have prob cost double the price of the actual items them selves.
--

Then why do some collectors continue complain about late packages/no packages/lost packages when they don't even choose a shipping option to track and/or insure packages in the first place?

It's almost like every time a thread like this pops up . . . it's usually an overseas collector or a domestic collector who may have not added tracking and insurance (i.e. using the cheapest option available), but still demanding/expecting the best outcome under circumstances with possible risks.

It's like buying a high performance car that requires premium gas and putting in cheap/crappy gasoline and having the car totally deteriorate in performance and then blaming the car maker for the poor performance.

Ordering anything online anymore w/o a tracking # or insurance is like asking to be ripped off. What's there to protect you?
Your word against theirs? That's not saying much...literally...

I've known Brady for years and don't think he'd be the type of person to rip anyone off. More than likely your order WAS lost as it happens quite often this time of year. That said, give Brady a call or email and be polite about it - you'd be surprised how being polite breeds cooperation and positivity...

MonkeyDepot is one of the best places to buy from online IMHO, but that's just me...

I seem to remember a problem where someone else in the UK had ordered from them a 35 cent plastic bird or something and they put it in a box which ended up costing them $75 to get because of fees.

I have ordered from them tons and never had a problem. Not sure I would order from them if I lived outside of the US.

Ordering anything online anymore w/o a tracking # or insurance is like asking to be ripped off. What's there to protect you?
Your word against theirs? That's not saying much...literally...

I've known Brady for years and don't think he'd be the type of person to rip anyone off. More than likely your order WAS lost as it happens quite often this time of year. That said, give Brady a call or email and be polite about it - you'd be surprised how being polite breeds cooperation and positivity...

MonkeyDepot is one of the best places to buy from online IMHO, but that's just me...
--

I agree 100%.

I used to work customer service full-time and now work technical support (still customer service) part-time for an ISP. I don't believe in the saying . . . "The customer is always right." . . . NEVER HAVE. NEVER WILL.

HOWEVER . . .

When a customer calls and speaks with "me" . . . I'd be more open and receptive to the situation when common courtesy and politeness is involved . . . from both sides.

Common courtesy and politeness tends to produce a desirable outcome based on my experience from both sides of the fence.

the story about commtech getting an empty box is pretty alarming. scares me away from them even knowing others have had good experiences. i don't like supporting jerks and it sounds like they did it on purpose for spite.

--

HOWEVER . . .

When a customer calls and speaks with "me" . . . I'd be more open and receptive to the situation when common courtesy and politeness is involved . . . from both sides.

Common courtesy and politeness tends to produce a desirable outcome based on my experience from both sides of the fence.

the story about commtech getting an empty box is pretty alarming. scares me away from them even knowing others have had good experiences. i don't like supporting jerks and it sounds like they did it on purpose for spite.

It is scary. I never wanted to share the story since most of you have had a good experience and honestly I don't think anyone would've believed me. I didn't order tracking because the item was just $2 and priority with tracking was like $5 bucks. Now, what bothered me the first time, was that they were non responsive for a long time until I threatened to call the CC company. And when I received the call, I believe I was very polite during my conversation, frustrated yes, but still polite. I told the person who called that the main reason I contacted them was to find out if my item was ever shipped and when had it been shipped for which they never emailed me back. I don't think it was Brady who I spoke to and who sent me the empty box. Don't remember the name, but it wasn't Brady. It's usually incompetents down the food chain of a company who treat customers like that, not the bosses. I'd like to think that an owner or a manager wouldn't have sent me an empty box, which is why I have continued to buy from them even after this incident. But of course, I only buy from them if I can't find it anywhere else, otherwise, they are my last option.

Last edited:
It is scary. I never wanted to share the story since most of you have had a good experience and honestly I don't think anyone would've believed me. I didn't order tracking because the item was just $2 and priority with tracking was like $5 bucks. Now, what bothered me the first time, was that they were non responsive for a long time until I threatened to call the CC company. And when I received the call, I believe I was very polite during my conversation, frustrated yes, but still polite. I told the person who called that the main reason I contacted them was to find out if my item was ever shipped and when had it been shipped for which they never emailed me back. I don't think it was Brady who I spoke to and who sent me the empty box. Don't remember the name, but it wasn't Brady. It's usually incompetents down the food chain of a company who treat customers like that, not the bosses. I'd like to think that an owner or a manager wouldn't have sent me an empty box, which is why I have continued to buy from them even after this incident. But of course, I only buy from them if I can't find it anywhere else, otherwise, they are my last option.
--

Did you ever discuss this/speak with Brady?

If no, why?

If yes, what was end result?

I know these guys are cool, I've ordered a bunch of items from them recently, but something I witnessed over the weekend kinda rubbed me the wrong way. They were selling narrow TrueTypes for $34.95, as I've purchased 3 of them, but when I went back looking for more they were selling them for $44.95, and now they're sold out. Kinda seems like dirty pool to me.

Everybody's sold of out TrueTypes now, kinda sucks.

This happened with another TT body when they were the only ones that had them. I think initially listed on website for $35, I think King darkness posted the link, and I headed to the brick/mortar store and by time I got there, they were selling for $40 or $45. I mentioned it, they played dumb.

--

Did you ever discuss this/speak with Brady?

If no, why?

If yes, what was end result?

After I received the empty box, I was so upset that I decided to completely stop thinking about it. I didn't want to spend any more energy or continue to feel frustrated about it anymore. Right now, time has passed and I can tell you about my experience without any negative feelings or doing any harm to my good well being. I had done enough trying to resolve it. Sometimes it's healthier to let go and move on. :peace

Last edited:
Toy Anxiety > Monkey Depot

Both are in Arizona strangely enough. Is Arizona the parting-out state? :lol

But seriously. I haven't have problems with MD. One time I got a wrong item. They sent me a gun instead of a sweater. They fixed it with no cost to me. Other than that, everything has been just fine. I just prefer TA though. They are the best guys around. Fair prices, excellent customer service, and just nice guys. I usually only go with MD if they have an item I'm looking for and TA doesn't.

And I don't use tracking either. For me, its just the price. Why pay double the shipping costs and not get it any sooner? I live in Utah so anything from them takes just as long 1st Class as it does Priority.

Arizona is the beating heart of 1/6. I miss living there for that reason alone. I used to go to Toy Anxiety and pick up stuff in person, because War Toys is just around the corner. Monkey Depot was awesome to visit in person too. And I think Good Stuff to Go completed their move to Sedona not that long ago. I don't miss the summer weather, but I miss easy access to 1/6 supplies.

Back