Stephen King's "THE MIST" by Frank Darabont

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it a lot. I'm a Darabont fan too the previews didn't really sell me. I don't remember the story either, since I read it so many years ago. But the movie really delivered - one of the better and more nihilistic horror movies we've had in a while.

Saw this yesterday and it was GREAT, one of the best films I've seen in a while! I'd have to say this was one of the best Stephen King adaptions to date.

Story was great, as was the cast and dialogue. There are some truly annoying characters (one of which I clapped hard when they died) who you really come to hate and a few heroes who you really feel for and care about. There are also some cool looking creatures and I loved the Sci-Fi angle to the story.

Yes, the ending is shocking, but I rank it up there with Se7en in the 'Shocker Ending' department, it's really a departure from the common endings in most movies.

Without giving away too much I'll just say this...Typical of the Government to show up late!!:monkey4 :D

I give The Mist: :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Without giving away too much I'll just say this...Typical of the Government to show up late!!:monkey4 :D
This is kind of a spoiler.
If you really think about it, they didn't show up late. They were driving away from them after all.:lol

I loved the painting he was working on at the start of the film. About time Roland sees the big screen, even if it was just in paint form.

Long live the Gunslinger!

:rock :rock

I still can't get "The Host of Seraphim" out of my head. What a stunningly haunting piece of music... and absolutely perfect for the last 10 mins of the movie.

Well....I finially got around to seeing the movie and I LOVED it. I read the short story before seeing the movie and thought the film was a worth adaptation. I still like the less somber ending in the story, but you guys were right about the film ending being very haunting and somber. Good +++++ !!!

Amazing film, one of the best.

I'm hoping Darabont works on another King project since he got booted from The Walking Dead.

I know Darabont acquired the film fights to 'The Long Walk', that could be an interesting one!

It seems like I saw this movie like ten yearsa go. It is hard to believe it is only 4 years old. I really liked it...except for the ending. I am a "happy-ending" type.

Amazing film, one of the best.

I'm hoping Darabont works on another King project since he got booted from The Walking Dead.

I know Darabont acquired the film fights to 'The Long Walk', that could be an interesting one!

I didn't know that. That's a great story. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been made into a movie already.

wow, old thread :lol. The ending to this movie is still one of the most, if not the most shocking endings I have ever seen, great movie overall though. I never read the book, how was it supposed to end?

wow, old thread :lol. The ending to this movie is still one of the most, if not the most shocking endings I have ever seen, great movie overall though. I never read the book, how was it supposed to end?

I read the story. But it was a long time ago. It was a short story in a book of short stories by King. The movie adds a great deal to the story...including the ending if I remember correctly.

I believe the short story ends simply with them driving off into the mist.

I didn't like how the mist cleared at the end of the movie, I liked the idea of them just driving into the unknown, but it made what happened in the car have a huge impact.

Back