Stephen King's "THE MIST" by Frank Darabont

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic, but I would like to see "The Stand" redone as another of these LOTR-type epics.

Looks like this is in the works. Steve Kloves and David Yates ($$$Team Potter$$$) expressed interest so the wheels are apparently turning.

Warners is desperate for another series to rely on so I wouldn't be surprised if they make it a multi-picture deal.

https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31738

Looks like this is in the works. Steve Kloves and David Yates ($$$Team Potter$$$) expressed interest so the wheels are apparently turning.

Warners is desperate for another series to rely on so I wouldn't be surprised if they make it a multi-picture deal.

https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31738

:yess: Thanks for that!

If they do this sans cheese...I mean if they make this with the depth of movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings...we will be in for a monster treat!

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. Nearly 4 years old. :google

The movie's ending still guts me to this day.

I dig the ending as horriffic and heartbreaking as it may be. To be fair I'd heard about it before I saw the film so it didn't strike me as much as it might've someone unaware of it. Still it was a real ballsy move on Darbont's part. Very bleak.

Also though the Lovecraftian monsters throughout were great especially the giant six- or eight-legged one at the end. That thing still creeps me out.

I finally read the book a few weeks ago, and every time someone said something I agreed with I wanted to say "laws yes.":lol:lol:lol

The Stand is definitely one of my favorite books by King... and one that could make for an epic film. Even as a made-for-TV movie the one from a few years back was pretty good. But, it definitely deserves a top-notch treatment.

And the Dark Tower series could be awesome. I still haven't finished the series; I never picked it back up following the long wait after Waste Lands :monkey2 But, its high on my list since I did recently re-read The Gunslinger.

I dig the ending as horriffic and heartbreaking as it may be. To be fair I'd heard about it before I saw the film so it didn't strike me as much as it might've someone unaware of it. Still it was a real ballsy move on Darbont's part. Very bleak.

Also though the Lovecraftian monsters throughout were great especially the giant six- or eight-legged one at the end. That thing still creeps me out.

The creatures were awesome. I believe Bernie Wrightson had a hand in creating them.

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. Nearly 4 years old. :google

The movie's ending still guts me to this day.

That's what's great about this, its not the typical Hollywood ending that we get time after time...the claustropbic feel of the movie is great as well.

The Stand is definitely one of my favorite books by King... and one that could make for an epic film. Even as a made-for-TV movie the one from a few years back was pretty good. But, it definitely deserves a top-notch treatment.

And the Dark Tower series could be awesome. I still haven't finished the series; I never picked it back up following the long wait after Waste Lands :monkey2 But, its high on my list since I did recently re-read The Gunslinger.

I plan on reading the Dark Tower series pretty soon.

As much as I'd like to see a Dark Tower movie or mini-series, I still have a hard time imagining that being pulled off successfully. Especially with the later books where the story just starts coming off the rails.

Back