Stealth Iron Man to Red & Gold Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't really like the photos that I had originally posted, so here are a few higher quality photos that I took of my SIM repaint. Much, much thanks goes out to P1X4R and SquiderM3 from the Statue Forum for their valuable digital photography help!

GranovIronMan-00.jpg

GranovIronMan-02.jpg

GranovIronMan-03.jpg

GranovIronMan-04.jpg

GranovIronMan-05.jpg

GranovIronMan-06.jpg

GranovIronMan-07.jpg

GranovIronMan-08.jpg

GranovIronMan-09.jpg

GranovIronMan-10.jpg

Bruno

More with the lights on:

GranovIronMan-01.jpg

GranovIronMan-11.jpg

GranovIronMan-12.jpg

And side by side with the concept art:

GranovIronMan-13.jpg

Finally, here are some before and after photos of the base that I took:

GranovIronMan-15.jpg

GranovIronMan-14.jpg

Bruno

Bruno,

Did you use Spray Paint ? or another type of paint apllication?

Bruno,

Did you use Spray Paint ? or another type of paint apllication?

Hi Toe,

I airbrushed the primer on (Mr. Surfacer), airbrushed the paints and spray painted the gloss on. The wash was applied on top of the gloss.

Bruno

It really is a shame that you are not taking commissions for this. :(

Hi Toe,

I airbrushed the primer on (Mr. Surfacer), airbrushed the paints and spray painted the gloss on. The wash was applied on top of the gloss.

Bruno

Can you tell me more info of the gloss paint ? name ? thnks

No kidding, I'd have to get in line to have mine done. Mine is from the first batch and has a few scratches. It doesn't even have to be red/gold, just repainted would be nice..I wish I knew how to do that and had the talent of course..:lol

Hey guys,

I really wish that I could accommodate everyone that was nice enough to comment on this piece. It means so much to me that so many would want me to repaint theirs!

However, I really just don't have the time. In addition to a full time job at the beach, I also have freelance web, teaching and coaching gigs. Durring the summer months I typically work 60+ hours a week! Not to mention the many other kits/sculptures that I would like to get to for myself!

Also, if I took on a job for pay, I would want to deliver it on time, and with my busy summer schedule, I would not be able to make such a commitment at this time.

But I really am glad that so many liked my work, and because of the overwhelming response and in particular a couple of incredibly flattering offers that I received last week, I have decided to put this one on eBay.

If you are so inclined, you can find it by doing a search for item number 200228127021.

Thanks,

Bruno

The more i see this statue and how good it looks the angrier i get that Sideshow could nt have done it like this in the first place :banghead

Another great business decision:rolleyes:

Ok, I was wrong.

You can get more than $2500!

:)

Item 200228127021....already over $3k!!!!

I was right...easily 3K. :) Good job.

Bruno, I give you $1500 to paint mine like yours :)

I really wanna repaint mine RG, I just need to find someone with talent.

Back