Stealth Iron Man to Red & Gold Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi,

Here a few WIP pictures of my Stealth Iron Man repaint. I really like Adi Granov's art work, so I worked really hard to match the artwork (but the base has really been a pain!)

Thanks to Ickwinzs, Danno and Helder from the Statue Forum for all the helpful advice. I'd also like to thank my buddy Toi for all of his helpful advice and encouraging words (and the loan of his pressure pot).

I hope to finish the base and apply a black wash on the figure before tomorrow. The reason that Iron Man's chest and eyes (as well and his open hand and heel) are still masked is that I intend to seal the figure with a High Gloss clear lacquer, just like the original Sideshow Comiquette. Although I kinda like the current metallic finish. What do you guys think? Should I gloss the figure or not?

IronMan-0.jpg

IronMan-1.jpg

IronMan-2.jpg

IronMan-4.jpg

IronMan-3.jpg

Bruno

It's a great repaint, but it just doesn't have the same 'shine' that the original does

Perfection!:google That looks just like the comic cover and, IMHO, looks better than SS's version PLUS you've got the yellow lights that actually light up. :rock
As far as the gloss coat goes it's only needed to protect the paint. The color and sheen are wonderful and that base is awesome.

How did you change the lights from red to yellow by the way?

Beautiful work! :clap What paints and colors did you use? Did you recast the light lenses yellow or change the LEDs?

Awesome. I too would love to know what kind of paint and what colors you used. I've noticed on my original Iron Man some of the yellow spots have a very light coat of paint so that it looks more silver than yellow/gold. I've been wondering if it would be possible to give it a bit of a touch up. So any tips would be great too.

looks amazing. wonderful job. someone needs to do a War machine now....

I notice not all the lights light up.

Excellent job though!

i believe he stated that some of the lights (chest, eyes) were still covered up.
a simply wonderful job on that Bruno!! BRAVO!! love the base. love how u fixed SS's color mistake on the gauntlets too. as good as it looks as is, i think it'll looks even better w/ that high shine from the sealant. it'll have that high polish IM look.

oh and how DID u get the yellow lights lol. this is what i'd like for my SIM if i could get those pesky lights yellow. or even orange. just not red on red.

Last edited:
i believe he stated that some of the lights (chest, eyes) were still covered up.
a simply wonderful job on that Bruno!! BRAVO!! love the base. love how u fixed SS's color mistake on the gauntlets too. as good as it looks as is, i think it'll looks even better w/ that high shine from the sealant. it'll have that high poloush IM look.

oh and how DID u get the yellow lights lol. this is what i'd like for my SIM if i could get those pesky lights yellow. or even orange. just not red on red.

I need to read more of these posts before I... uhhh... post! lol

that is freakin awesome! looks way better than sideshows paint, more like the bowen type of paint!

How much for a paint job?!?

WOW:google

I said that I'd never get a piece repainted that I had unless I had two but looking at how closely you resembled the cover especially with the base all I can say is BRAVO! and I WANT ONE!!! :lol

If you make your services available please do tell how much...I just may send out my Stealth if I can swing it.

WOW:google

I said that I'd never get a piece repainted that I had unless I had two but looking at how closely you resembled the cover especially with the base all I can say is BRAVO! and I WANT ONE!!! :lol

If you make your services available please do tell how much...I just may send out my Stealth if I can swing it.
Ditto that.:rock

Back