Stealth Iron Man to Red & Gold Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi bruno, i'm wondering if you would be available to paint another stealth exactly the way you did yours. if so, what would be your charge. please pm and let me know. thanks!!!

Wow man, just wow. That looks so much better than even the regular red/gold. I think the black wash covered all the shadow lines perfectly! Base looks so much better too! Amazing job man!

Hi,

I realized that I never posted photos of the completed Iron Man, so here they are now. Thanks to everyone who posted the nice comments!

Iron-7-1.jpg

Iron-8-1.jpg

Iron-9.jpg

Iron-11.jpg

Iron-0.jpg

Iron-12.jpg

Iron-5-1.jpg

Iron-2-1.jpg

Iron-3-1.jpg

Bruno
Great job Brouno, now I'm more convinced to get mine repainted.

If you're available to do more please let me know as I'd like to reserve a place in line !!

I need a set of orange LED lenses.
:cool:

you have the red & gold but just need lenses? nice! i still can't believe w/ all the talanted people around here and Statue Forum, that no one is doing red & golds and also making correct lenses. well other than da man Bruno here! stellar job on this. no somebody start taking commissions for one just like it and make same damn $$$$$$$!!:banana

That is a wicked awesome job! You have created a custom of what SS should have done in the first place.

Dude you are saying the same thing I said the first day I saw the original comiquette Sideshow did. I thought the exclusive would have included lights but instead we got a change-O-head. Now the Stealth has lights but everyone wants a red & gold with lights.

hi bruno, i'm wondering if you would be available to paint another stealth exactly the way you did yours. if so, what would be your charge. please pm and let me know. thanks!!!

Thanks for the compliments. I've gotten quite a few requests to re-paint these and I'm flattered. Working on this was really time consuming, but also a lot fun and I learned a lot.

I've never re-painted anything for someone other than me, so putting a dollar figure on this type of job would be rough. But from the little research that I have done, I would be looking for considerably more than the standard $200-300 usually paid for a full size statue re-paint.

This job was essentially a few jobs rolled into one; cleaning the figure THOROUGHLY of the Sideshow shipping gel/gunk; the primer stage (which was sanded/primed/re-sanded until it the surface was like glass), the actual paint app, then the gloss, and finally the wash. Then the same procedure was repeated on the base (well not the repeated sanding). I would also have to re-cast the lenses, which would be a problem since I no longer have the equipment to produce the clear, bubble free castings. I also don't know if doing a bunch of these in the same style would be as enjoyable to me as spending my time of different projects that I want to tackle.

So the short answer to this question is no (other than me getting an insane offer that I couldn't refuse), I am not currently taking any commissions to repaint the SIM. But I am truly flattered and it means a lot to me that true fans of this hobby liked my re-paint.

In answer to jml969, I have a few jobs; I teach/coach at a local community college, do some freelance web/instructional technology work, and also work as an Ocean lifeguard in Santa Monica/Venice (think Baywatch) during the Summers. I am especially busy with the beach during the Summer, so I really wouldn't have much time now that the weather is getting nice (but apparently not today!) to repaint these anyway.

I did notice that a SIM repainted as the Mark II armor went for almost $2000 on eBay and I am seriously considering putting this one up, haven't decided yet. I had always planned on re-painting two of these, with the other in a slightly different paint scheme, so I may decide that I only one re-painted SIM and not two.

Bruno

Back