Stealth Iron man repainted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys, Thanks alot for all the comments on this piece,I have another stealth IM coming to me and I will be painting it diferently, can't have 2 of the same thing!!

any body have alpha repaint theirs yet? the temptation is huge considering the lack of communication by SS...just watched that superbowl tv spot again...alphas paint job is damn close...

I think the grey/silver armor in the commercial is just the unpainted prototype of the armor and not a stealth version but I could be wrong.

I think the grey/silver armor in the commercial is just the unpainted prototype of the armor and not a stealth version but I could be wrong.

i think the stealth version (blue) only appeared in the comics, and doesn't make an appearance in the film. so in essence, alpha's gun metal/black paint scheme seems to be more film accurate than sim. imagine that. :google anyone's mind blown on that one? :lol

any body have alpha repaint theirs yet? the temptation is huge considering the lack of communication by SS...just watched that superbowl tv spot again...alphas paint job is damn close...

we're waiting for you to ship him yours first. :lol how long have you waited for an answer after sending pictures? even if nothing is to be done in the immediate future, the people waiting should be informed of intention. only fair and courteous. i can see how this would frustrate you. :monkey4

Hey Guys, Thanks alot for all the comments on this piece,I have another stealth IM coming to me and I will be painting it diferently, can't have 2 of the same thing!!

are you offering repaints for the damaged sims from members here? if so, what do you charge? will you paint the original im colors of red and gold? :D

i think the stealth version (blue) only appeared in the comics, and doesn't make an appearance in the film. so in essence, alpha's gun metal/black paint scheme seems to be more film accurate than sim. imagine that. :google anyone's mind blown on that one? :lol

Who said it was supposed to be movie accurate?

hey mclovin....its been about a week, week and a half....no response

we're waiting for you to ship him yours first. :lol how long have you waited for an answer after sending pictures? even if nothing is to be done in the immediate future, the people waiting should be informed of intention. only fair and courteous. i can see how this would frustrate you. :monkey4

I think a glossy cherry red version would look really damn slick with the lights. Maybe a few black details, between armor segments, like a SW Royal Guard.

I still don't get this- if the stealth look does not fit in with comic continuity, where does it fit in? Is this a look from the upcoming movie?

well the blue COLOR is accurate to the comics. the STYLE of armor is wrong tho. don't think we've seen this more modern armor in stealth blue yet in the comics. no telling what'll be in the movie.

ironman22900jh9.jpg

well the blue COLOR is accurate to the comics. the STYLE of armor is wrong tho. don't think we've seen this more modern armor in stealth blue yet in the comics. no telling what'll be in the movie.

ironman22900jh9.jpg

Technically the suit in the comic was described as being jet black in color but they used the blue coloring to show the highlights/definition of the suit. Although it also looks like there is a difference in color between what would be the red and gold colors of the suit.

So alpha Spider, do you take custom jobs? I would really love to have mine custom repainted.

Yeah I am doing a few of the repaints, I am gonna do a blue/gunmetal one also to see how that looks. Sorry for the slow reply but the weather finally broke this week and I was able to get back to work!!!

Last edited:
How did you paint around the back and shoulder armor pieces alpha spider?? They are separate pieces glued on and present nooks and crannies which can be tricky painting around and in.

How did you paint around the back and shoulder armor pieces alpha spider?? They are separate pieces glued on and present nooks and crannies which can be tricky painting around and in.

I use and air brush and just worked on them slowly as to not get any runs, I usually take a couple pics when I think I am done as the pics allways show what ya miss. Sometimes sitting there looking at one thing for to long you miss things here and there and this is a real good way to check yourself. Also if I am having to hard of a time I will use a heat gun and heat up the part and pop it off, the reattach it later.

Last edited:
Back