Stealth Iron man repainted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many people do not realize this, but black is NOT the most stealthy color at night. It's blue. A blue plane against a dark blue night sky is much harder to see than a black plane. The only reason why the stealth fighter and bomber are black is because the pilots like it better that way, because it makes it look more ominous and deadly, basically, but it does make the planes easier to see. When the sky gets darker, so does everything else in it, like planes, however, a black object stands out a bit against a midnight blue sky.

Get over yourself. The color has nothing to do with anything you just mentioned. The F-117A Stealth Fighter is black because that's the color of the radar-absorbtion material that the plane is completely coated in. No one 'sees' a stealth fighter anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's blue or black. It's 'stealth' because it avoids radar, not because some guy is physically looking up in the sky and say's "OH, I might have missed the STEALTH fighter if it was blue'.

Get over yourself. The color has nothing to do with anything you just mentioned. The F-117A Stealth Fighter is black because that's the color of the radar-absorbtion material that the plane is completely coated in. No one 'sees' a stealth fighter anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's blue or black. It's 'stealth' because it avoids radar, not because some guy is physically looking up in the sky and say's "OH, I might have missed the STEALTH fighter if it was blue'.

I dunno Fly, I see Stealth fighters over my head all the time or is that mosquitos? Do Stealth fighters bite?

I saw a show on the Discovery channel about the Stealth fighter who was an expert on the plane, and it's what he said. He said that black wasn't the most stealth color, and that the pilots wouldn't want to fly in a plane that was the most stealth oriented color. I think he knows better than both of us. No offense.

Back